Mount Royal University
Based in 1910 and situated in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal College grew right into a vibrant school within the Nineteen Thirties and have become a mid-sized college in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a definite area of interest by providing smaller class sizes, a strong liberal training and distinctive undergraduate applications. At present, greater than 15,000 credit score college students select from 13 bachelor levels and 36 majors.
Mount Royal College is situated within the conventional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the individuals of the Treaty 7 area in southern Alberta, which incorporates the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut’ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We’re located on land the place the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The standard Blackfoot identify of this place is “Mohkinstsis,” which we now name the town of Calgary. The town of Calgary can also be residence to the Métis Nation.
Mount Royal College is dedicated to eradicating obstacles and fostering the inclusion of voices which were traditionally underrepresented or discouraged in our society. In assist of our perception that range in our college and employees enriches the work, studying and analysis experiences for the complete campus group, we strongly encourage members of the designated teams (girls, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, members of seen minorities, and numerous sexual orientation and gender identities) to use and self-identify.
Mount Royal College’s School of Well being, Neighborhood and Schooling is a singular assortment of applications which have, on the core, a deal with making ready college students to work with individuals, in group, and primarily in serving to professions. The School of Well being, Neighborhood and Schooling contains 4 departments: Little one Research and Social Work, Schooling, Well being and Bodily Schooling, and Nursing and Midwifery (SoNM) which provide a wide range of diploma, diploma, and certificates applications. Be part of others in contributing to wholesome, supportive communities and making a distinction — A paat tsi kani takiiks (people who create sparks). To be taught extra in regards to the School of Well being, Neighborhood and Schooling, confer with our 2024 strategic plan, Ani to pisi (spiderweb).
The simulation technician is a part of the core crew of the Well being Simulation Studying Centre (HSLC) the place the middle helps applications throughout the SoNM. The HSLC serves a wide range of learners from inside applications and exterior learners and works in collaboration with the HSLC Supervisor to offer protected, environment friendly, and efficient operations which assist the mission and imaginative and prescient of the Centre. The position works supporting Scientific Instructing Surroundings (CTE) and working in Simulated Scientific Experiences (SCE).
The HSLC employees work on rotational shifts which are depending on scheduled course wants and will embrace occasional evenings and weekends.
There’s one restricted time period full-time (1 yr) place accessible.
- Re-set CTE between SCE, together with Simulation Suites, mannequins, props, and tools
- Set-up debrief rooms, together with seating, nametags, varieties; guarantee computer systems, TVs and all audio visible tools is operating prior to every SCE
- Help with operation of model and audio visible tools as required
- Preserve congruence with simulation requirements, program particular philosophy and pedagogy
- Promote the upkeep of constancy within the simulated atmosphere
- Foster enthusiasm and assist for simulation as a studying modality
- Display skilled and moral behaviors
- Promote and take part in open communication, self-analysis and reflection
- Set up and have interaction in strategies for acquiring and offering significant suggestions to friends with a view to preserve competency and forex
- Function audio visible laptop program, together with adjusting digicam angle for optimum viewing, beginning and stopping audio/videotaping periods, and bookmarking related segments of the recordings
- Prolong the position of the affected person into the debriefing session as required by the SCE
- Two-year publish secondary certificates/program completion
- 18 – 24 months of related medical expertise in a wide range of well being care settings
- Information and expertise in simulation methodology, expertise, software program, and tools is most well-liked
- Expertise working with culturally numerous populations
- Means to maneuver tables, carts and different simulation tools and able to lifting as much as 22 kg (50 lbs.)
- Should have the ability to work with anatomical fashions and rooms the place cadavers and/or animal tissues are displayed every day
- Flexibility and responsiveness to conditions as they come up with robust organizational expertise and resourcefulness
- Means to work independently and collaboratively in a crew atmosphere
- Creativity and talent create a constructive studying atmosphere for college students, employees, and college
- Consideration to element is essential in following set-up and take down for lab programs
- Should train tact, discretion, respect and confidentiality in all issues
- Glorious communication expertise (written and verbal) and laptop literacy is required
Gifted and dedicated workers are the driving drive behind scholar success. We try to be an employer of alternative amongst Canadian post-secondary establishments.
At Mount Royal College, we acknowledge that persons are a mix of many intersecting identities; we work to domesticate an atmosphere that welcomes the entire particular person, and harnesses the power that’s accessible in our range, making a wealthy and inclusive office.
Investing within the studying and improvement of our workers advantages the person and the College. A wide range of providers, sources and applications encourage a wholesome, productive office. Mount Royal College provides a aggressive complete compensation package deal together with well being and dental advantages, pension, well being and private spending accounts, paid trip, winter vacation closure, private days and a free membership in our totally outfitted recreation centre.
Our campus provides the comfort of a medical clinic, dentist and pharmacy, in addition to a wide range of wellness providers equivalent to physiotherapists and therapeutic massage therapists. Campus Recreation provides many actions, together with private coaching, climbing, aquatics, sports activities and certifications for college students, workers and the general public.
Wage: $51,745 – $65,500 every year
Closing Date: Open till two appropriate candidates are discovered
A canopy letter and resume ought to be submitted in a single .pdf doc. Please title your .pdf doc as follows: [Last Name], [Requisition Number], [Document Title].pdf (ex. Smith, 999999, CV.pdf).
All certified candidates are inspired to use; nonetheless, Canadian residents, everlasting residents and others presently eligible to work in Canada shall be given precedence.
Current Mount Royal graduates who’re international nationals could also be eligible to work on campus. Please confer with the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site beneath Submit-Commencement Employment at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/research/index.asp .
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.