Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply – we would love to hear from you!
Hybrid Work EnvironmentHinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely and in person at our hubs across the United States.
About the RoleData Engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers with expertise in data pipelines, OLTP & data warehouse schema design, data governance, ETL, RDBMS and NoSQL systems. Data Engineers are hands-on, building self-service tools and automation that enable application engineers and data analysts to manage, maintain, and secure their data systems with autonomy while adhering to best practices in a HIPAA environment. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
Our stack: Python, SQL, Airflow, PostgreSQL, MySQL, REST, Aptible, Docker, Tonic.ai, Terraform, Spark, Kafka, Fivetran, Databricks, AWS (S3, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, Glue). Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create compliance strategies (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA), tooling, processes, and coaching that enables service and application teams to take full ownership of their data in a growing organization
- Architect and build data pipelines and data aggregation systems to deliver quality real-time and batch analytical reports
- Participate in hiring and mentoring of team members
- Assist and coach teams to optimize poorly performing data pipelines
- Work with the SRE team to establish best practices around database monitoring, alerting, and availability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Mastery of SQL and Python
- Solid background in processing and storing large scale data using distributed systems as well as a mastery of database designs and data warehousing
- Good understanding of a broad spectrum of data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Snowflake and Redshift
- Experience building data pipelines using Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Knowledge of software engineering best-practice development (e.g., linting, testing)
- Ability to collaborate and problem-solve across teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Six years of software engineering experience, 4+ in data engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in C.S. or equivalent experience
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
Disclaimer:There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to [email protected].
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you’re interested – we’d love to hear from you.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.