We’re GeoComply! We’re a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people – we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team in Vancouver, Canada who will match our ambitions, and help us Better ourselves and achieve our goals.
The Senior Data Analyst role contributes to GeoComply’s success by developing and enhancing rules for our products and providing quality analysis based on data collected from our end customers, as well as providing insights to help business and technical teams make informed decisions. This position reports and takes direction from the Data Analytics Lead on a day-to-day basis.
- Design and perform manual data analysis on live production data for detection of data anomalies and anti-fraud purposes
- Design and script reports based on requirements (moderate scripts)
- Develop and maintain test plans, test cases and checklists related to the anti-fraud and compliance.
- Stay informed of configuration, deployment, and database changes to ensure analytics tools are always working as expected
- Review and analyze existing anti-fraud dashboards, tools, and reports, as a means of improving manual review methodologies
- Research and investigate new geo-blocking bypass methodologies
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, process and teams
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree or above with good results in Computer Science, mathematics, statistics or similar fields.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL etc), programming (Python), visualization tools( Kibana will be a plus)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to combine knowledge of computer science, modeling, statistics and mathematics to solve problems.
- Ability to work in small collaborative teams in a dynamic working environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills when working with the team
- Sound experience in performing both QA testing and data analytics; the ability to look beyond testing tasks and think ‘outside the box’
- Ability to work under tight timelines
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something bigWe’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzwordOur values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we areIn collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experienceAt GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for goodWe profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our teamOur GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaborationThe benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
– – – – – – – – – –
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.