OTR Engineered Solutions
Summary / Objective:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for carrying out tasks impacting the general ledger, processing journal entries and posting transaction activity including intercompany transactions as well as reconciling the general ledger accounts. Will support in developing the balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. This position requires a strong understanding of accounting policies and procedures to assist in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. The Senior Accountant will perform day to day accounting activities and month-end close activities by applying practical knowledge of the function typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
Accounting & Financial Control
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely, accurate and meaningful financial information and analysis.
- Timely completion and submission of monthly management accounts.
- Drive required improvements in financial control processes including the timely completion of detailed account reconciliations.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, provincial and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work with the External Auditors to ensure both local statutory and US GAAP audits are completed timely and efficiently.
- Daily support management of cash including Receivables and Payables.
- Support the Controller to identify senior management needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Work closely with the Controller to provide senior management with advice on the financial implications of business and operational activities.
- Provide financial support for operations and OTR International requirements.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new sales programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Support the detailed annual planning process and periodic detailed forecasts as requested by the OTR group.
- Supports other Administration based initiatives.
- Responsible for local taxation submissions and compliance with all local taxation requirements
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent attendance
- Able to maintain a dependable and flexible work schedule that could include some evenings on rare occasions
- Able to organize, maintain focus, and follow up on projects independently
- Willing to take on projects as needed
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. At times, due to projects or work assignments, employee will need to coordinate and direct a team to meet/satisfy individual/company objectives.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. At times, employee might be exposed to manufacturing environment, including forklift traffic, fumes, noise, and operating manufacturing equipment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM. To meet our customer demands and internal objectives, at times this role will be required to work outside of the normal schedule, including weekends.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. There may be occasional local day travel or overnight travel as it relates to training activities or support of assigned plants/locations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience and/or education.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company.
- Manufacturing environment experience using an ERP software preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
OTR Wheel Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 6X9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.