VIVO Cannabis Inc.
VIVO Cannabis™ is a Toronto based, TSX listed corporation with operations in three countries. Its Canadian operations, Canna Farms Limited, ABcann Medicinals Inc. and Harvest Medicine Inc. are recognized for trusted, premium cannabis products and services. VIVO holds production and sales licences from Health Canada and operates world-class indoor and seasonal airhouse cultivation facilities. VIVO has a collection of premium brands, each targeting different customer segments, including Canna Farms™, Beacon Medical™, Fireside™, Fireside-X™, Lumina™ and Canadian Bud Collection™. Harvest Medicine, VIVO’s patient-centric, scalable network of medical cannabis clinics, has serviced over 150,000 patient visits. VIVO is pursuing several partnership and product development opportunities and focuses its international efforts on Germany and Australia.
Are you a champion of quality processes and standards? Are you passionate about ensuring the products that are delivered to market are in compliance with appropriate quality regulations? Do you have exceptional attention to detail, document writing and record keeping capacity? Are you eager to learn and be part of a dynamic business in a fast-paced industry?
If so keep reading to learn about an exciting new opportunity to join VIVO Cannabis on our journey to create, grow and deliver excellence outcomes in the cannabis space focused primarily on health and wellness!
VIVO’s licensed producer, Canna Farms Ltd, located in Hope, British Columbia is looking for a passionate, motivated, and hard-working Quality Control Technician to assist the Quality Assurance Person (QAP). We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a rapidly-expanding, highly-rated business that is dedicated and focused on providing high-grade medical cannabis products to clients nationwide. The successful Quality Control Technician will be required to learn, teach, implement, and enforce SOP compliance in all departments, particularly production and manufacturing. The position requires an extremely high-level of organization and attention to detail, as well as critical thinking, interpersonal communication with all departments, and strong leadership skills.
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) in managing the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure compliance with the Cannabis Act, Cannabis Regulations, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), Narcotics Control Regulations (NCR), Pest Control Products Act (PCPA), Fertilizer Act, GPP/GMP, and HACCP.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and quality policies/procedures to ensure continuous compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations and GPP/GMP.
- Enforcing established SOPs and all health/safety protocols and workplace policies to ensure consistent quality of all Canna Farms’ cannabis products, including dried cannabis, cannabis oil, and live cannabis plants.
- Provide training, coaching, and support to employees, as required.
- Review all documents/records as they pertain to raw materials, propagation, growing, harvesting, drying, packaging, storage, picking, destroying, and shipping/distribution.
- Conduct random quality control checks for all in-process and finished products; documenting, correcting, and preventing any deviations.
- Reporting of potential or actual process/specification deviations to the QAP and/or Production Manager.
- Participating in analytical investigations of out-of-specification (OOS) results, including: examination of results, generation of deviation reports, root-cause analysis, and implementation of corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Analysis of reports and QC data to identify trends, and if necessary, recommend revisions to quality standards and procedures.
- Supporting the production/manufacturing teams in all aspects of production/manufacturing, including: propagation, plant care/maintenance, harvesting/trimming, drying nutrient/fertigation, extraction/derivatization, destruction, sanitation, and record keeping.
- Deployment, calibration, and maintenance of scientific/technical instrumentation, including mass balances; temperature, humidity and CO2 sensors; pH and conductivity probes.
- Monitoring of environmental conditions in production areas, including temperature, humidity, and CO2.
- Update computer records/ERP and/or perform required calculations.
- Coordination of complaints and/or returned shipments.
- Review/audit and evaluation of quality control data for release and approval of lot records by the Canna Farms QAP.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Quality Assurance Person and/or Senior Management.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- University/College Degree/Diploma OR Equivalent Professional Experience in a natural or applied science (e.g., chemistry, biology, food/pharmaceutical sciences or a related field).
- 1-3+ years’ experience in the Legal Cannabis, Agriculture, Food, or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Knowledge, training, and significant experience in Good Production Practices (GPP) and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Knowledge and experience with large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, biological pest management strategies, air-flow, and harvesting/trimming, drying, and packaging is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry/microbiology and extraction systems is considered an asset.
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Previous experience working in a regulated production environment.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time, set priorities, and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain A/RPIC status, as per Health Canada’s Cannabis Act or previous regulations.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Valid BC drivers’ licence and reliable transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- HOPE, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.