Lactalis Canada Inc
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Niagara on the Lake, ON
*This is a Monday-Friday Day’s Shift, requiring some additional coverage as required*
We are proud to say we are one of Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers; here’s why!
Lactalis Canada is enriching and nurturing the lives of Canadians with a diverse offering of dairy products such as Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings; our products are in 95% of Canadian homes! For over 140 years we’ve grown through innovation and a strong dedication to quality, and we’re looking for like minded individuals to keep that growth progressing by joining our team!
About the opportunity:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day production operations at the plant facility including proactively conducting root cause analysis and correcting operating issues and employee activities. The position is responsible for ensuring a safe operation, key targets and results are achieved, effective management of resources, identifying and leading continuous improvement initiatives, and scheduling and related services to help ensure production objectives are met.
The attributes we are looking for:
- Support operation of the production departments/teams to ensure that quantitative and qualitative measures included in the operating plan are met, including those related to standard costs, cost reductions, productivity, health and safety, GMP, sanitation, customer satisfaction, production scheduling, staffing and capital/technological improvement plans by measuring, analyzing and executing corrective actions in these areas. Promote a focus on excellence in all production activities including those required to support optimal quality, yield and cost containment, and minimal re-work or downgrades.
- Provide leadership to improve health and safety performance by being a role model in safety and demonstrating due diligence through applying the corporate health & safety program elements. These focus on incident prevention through hazard identification, implementing necessary controls, training, education, and audits. Where necessary, take corrective action to address unsafe situations and employee behaviours, uphold Parmalat’s cardinal and other safety rules and procedures, and communicate with appropriate resources to address any hazardous conditions or unsafe employee conduct.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff by providing work direction, performance feedback, and recommendations for training and development. Promote a positive labour-management relationship and ensure compliance with the Company’s corporate and legal obligations under the Collective Agreement (where applicable), as well as various statutes and regulations such as the Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ensure GMP and S.O.Ps are adhered to at all times, and that all products consistently meet specifications. When assigned, ensure timely and thorough sanitation of all equipment and facilities to allow for efficient and on-time production start-up and delivery of products to customers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational and capital budgets, safety compliance, training and production plans by monitoring results against plan and support corrective action plans accordingly.
What you will bring:
- College diploma or University degree preferably in Food Science or Engineering
- Minimum two (2) years experience in food production supervision
- Experienced as a supervisor and/or providing leadership to production teams in dairy or related food or pharmaceutical industry. HACCP exposure preferred.
- Certified and/or experienced in the supervisory responsibilities under WSIB/WCB, OSHA, and First Aid an asset
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and decision making skills
- Ability to diagnose and coordinate activities to resolve mechanical manufacturing issues in food manufacturing
- Team facilitation/leadership skills and ability to develop employees and implement continuous improvement methodologies
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), as well as business systems such as SAP
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
- A Competitive Base Salary
- A Performance-Based Bonus System
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Benefits starting day 1
- A Pension Program with an Employer Match at 100% of up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $3,000/year
- A Volunteer Day to give back to your community
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A commitment to internal career advancement with potential for international mobility
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/EOE
Bring Your Uniqueness to Grow Our Culture
We believe each and every individual within the organization provides value. When we encourage and include the voices of all diverse backgrounds and perspectives, we open doors to unforeseen growth and allow individuals to bring their full authentic selves to work. In order to celebrate the uniqueness of our people and the communities in which we operate, we are committed to cultivating a fair and inclusive workplace that fosters real belonging for all.
Lactalis is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Please note Lactalis Canada does not request a credit check or conduct other background checks through the LinkedIn application process. If any of the foregoing is required, a Lactalis Canada employee will contact you after a Job Offer has been signed by you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.