Shoppers Drug Mart
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
Why is this role important :
MediSystem is looking to hire a full-time operations pharmacist to join our dedicated team that serves our long-term-care facilities. The operations pharmacist will ensure all prescriptions are dispensed in accordance with provincial regulations and company policies (professional / legal requirements) in order to provide the highest quality pharmaceutical care. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
What you’ll do:
- Align with all company policies and operating procedures (regulatory/legal requirements) to enable pharmacists to deliver high-level pharmaceutical care.
- Train and supervise dispensary staff as required.
- Assist in setting and achieving financial objectives for the company.
- Assist in maintaining pharmacy inventory.
- Present a professional image and provide friendly customer service to foster relationship building with our clients.
- Practice pharmacy within the College’s Scope of Practice and guidelines for providing pharmaceutical care.
- Ensure that narcotics are properly received and recorded at the dispensary. Participate in cycle counting and reconciling of inventory as necessary.
- Ensure current and accurate patient profiles for all patients are maintained.
- Perform technical, therapeutic and electronic MAR checks of all medication entries, ensuring detailed documentation in paperless Kroll meets standard of practice in accordance with professional / legal requirements.
- Provide, document, and bill all pharmaceutical interventions/opinions/services as appropriate.
- Minimize medication incidents according to company policies and procedures.
- In the event of a medication incident follow protocol for reporting and resolving.
- Participate in continuous learning activities and share relevant takeaways with other staff
- Document patient counselling in Kroll for all prescriptions as required by provincial regulations.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate completion of third party processing, billing, re-submissions, and reporting.
- Protect patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with regulations.
- Align with all federal and provincial pharmacy regulations.
- Commitment to promoting a workplace of inclusiveness and belonging
What you bring:
- Must be licensed with the ON College of Pharmacists and in good standing
- Must be available to cover on-call services after hours on a scheduled rotational basis as required
- Preferred: minimum of two years of experience as a pharmacist in a long-term care, retail, and/or hospital pharmacy setting.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills, with a commitment to provide exceptional customer service
- Be highly organized, takes initiative, and has excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.