Job ID #349782
On behalf of our client in the Professional Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Network Engineer.
Network Engineer – Job Description
- Designing, maintaining, and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring activity, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects
- Monitoring and maintenance of company-wide AV (Audio-Video) infrastructure – such as conference rooms, collaboration spaces etc.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Attending workshops and on-the-job technical training sessions
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, networking hardware and other networking environments such as cloud network and WAN Networks
Network Engineer – Mandatory Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
- Network security experience.
- Microsoft Azure Networks experience
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Palo Alto technologies.
- LAN and WAN experience.
Network Engineer – Assignment Start Date
- ASAP – 3 months to start
Network Engineer – Assignment Location
- Cambridge, ON – Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.