Diva International Inc.
Diva is looking for a Logistics Specialist. The Logistics Specialist will primarily be the point of contact and responsible for end-to-end logistics process, which includes, but not limited to, creating sales orders, filing disputes, creating local and international shipments, liaison between departments and verifying invoices. This role sits within the Operations team.
About Us: *
We are the world’s number one menstrual cup brand and the originators of the DivaCup. We are bold change-makers, always challenging the status quo. Founded in 2003 by mother-daughter duo Francine Chambers and Carinne Chambers-Saini, in twenty short years, becoming a world-recognized name and brand. Our social impact efforts lead the way in sustainability and advocacy, through meaningful partnerships with organizations all over the world in an effort to end period poverty and period stigmatization. We’re advocates. We’re period warriors. We’re environmentally focused citizens. We’re innovators, disrupters, and boundary-pushers.
You’ll love the role if you believe in the mission to end period poverty and provide effective and sustainable period solutions to people who menstruate all over the world.
Here’s what a successful candidate will be accountable for: *
- Manage daily sales orders that are sent to the logistics team via EDI and Ship Request Forms (SRF).
- Responsible for overall day-to-day and mainly focused on disputes, fulfillment / Outbound operations.
- Preparation of shipping documents which includes BOL, AWB, COC, COA and Supports custom compliance, import & export control.
- Act as a liaison between Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Freight Forwarders, Carriers and Custom brokers; communicating and troubleshooting issues, problems, and concerns.
- Understand and work with the Logistics Manager to negotiate transport or logistics fare rates with suppliers and customers to improve the logistics by cost reduction.
- Work with the Logistics Manager and accounting to run monthly freight cost report and provide explanation of the major flux variances to finance.
- Optimize/improve the operational efficiency and performance with key stakeholders – in the area of EDI, Sales Order to Sales Invoicing process in NetSuite and other logistics platform.
- Work with existing transportation suppliers on optimal delivery rate and routing.
- Evaluate, submit and follow-up dispute claims made by customers in a timely fashion
- Verify accuracy of invoices from logistics service provider.
- Closely collaborate with all cross functional, internal & external parties to develop shipping solutions.
- Understand the end-to-end Logistics processes, proactively identify gaps and develop solutions resolving the gaps with quantified deliverables.
- Daily monitoring logistics status and generate and keep proper records of all forms of transactions relating to the company’s logistics operations.
- Any additional task assigned by the Logistics Manager.
- Work in accordance with Diva International Inc.’s Quality Policy and B-Corp set of standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications: *
- Completed Diploma/Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Logistics, preferably logistics experience in Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing or medical sector in Logistics and/or Supply Chain.
- Strong working knowledge of cross border logistics including import/export and customs clearance, which includes but not limited to In-depth knowledge on Customs Regulations (Import/Export), and Incoterms.
- Ability to adapt to rapid change, wear multiple hats, and work effectively under pressure to meet competing workplace demands and tight timelines.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with little or no supervision, which includes a willingness to learn and to take on new initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proactive and meticulous.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and MS Software.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality and medical system is advantageous.
- Ability to multi-task and influence decision making processes and activities.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and a sound number sense.
- Experience and/or comfort working in the menstrual hygiene category.
About Our Hiring Process: *
Does this sound like great fit for you? We would love to hear from you.
You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Note: _ We are a Kitchener-based company but remote candidates in Ontario will be considered for this role. The position is primarily a remote position. On occasion, our team may need to assist in inventory count and housekeeping._
Why work at Diva International?*
People are the heart and soul of Diva, sharing our passion to make a meaningful difference in the world. We empower our employees to shatter societal norms and status quo, raise our standards, so we can grow together and make a great company even better.
We’re proud of our supportive working environment. Diva offers a competitive compensation plan, employer matched RRSPs, comprehensive health and dental coverage, and a flexible remote work environment. And we are proud to support our employee’s volunteer interests and make it a priority to join in efforts that give back and show our communities that we care.
At Diva International Inc. we strive to be a welcoming and safe space for everyone, regardless of their race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or any other protected grounds. We welcome employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-866-444-3482 ext. 253 or e-mail at [email protected] if you require accommodation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.