AlGooru is hunting for the next generation of BizOps talents!
We’re looking for a Data Engineer
A bit about us
AlGooru is a Saudi-based edtech startup that uses AI to connect students with on-demand private tutors over 200+ subjects.
- Data Quality Assurance: Identifying and eliminating anomalies by means of data profiling and cleansing.
- Data Integration and Consolidation: Bringing information together from multiple systems into a single repository
- Data Monitoring and Reporting: Proactively reviewing and evaluating data and its quality to ensure that it is fit for purpose
A day in your life
Data Quality Assurance
- Develop, implement and maintain data quality assurance processes to ensure data accuracy, completeness, consistency, and validity
- Perform data profiling, data cleansing, and data enrichment activities to identify and fix data errors and limitations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data quality standards and ensure adherence to them
Data Integration and Consolidation
- Develop and implement a data integration strategy to connect all data sources to a single source of truth
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize data sources and design data models to support data consolidation
- Build and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipelines to move data from various sources into the centralized data repository
Data Monitoring and Reporting
- Develop and implement data monitoring and reporting mechanisms to track data quality, data availability, and data usage metrics
- Establish and maintain data governance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Create dashboards and alerts to provide visibility into data quality and usage, and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- 2+ years of proven experience as a Data Engineer
- 1+ years of proven experience in using HubSpot
- Relevant experience with startups is a BIG plus
- You’re adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You’re a technical expert in data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- You have extensive knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
⌛ Our application process
- General assessment form (5-10 minutes)
- Chemistry meeting (15-30 minutes)
- Technical interview (30-60 minutes)
- Technical assessment
- Offer extended to successful applicants
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $900-$1,200 USD. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonuses, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
- Work from anywhere
- Unlimited paid sick days
- No clocking in/out
- ESOP shares
- Laptop fund
- Fast promotions (like really fast)
- Enjoy monthly Pizza Fridays
- Learn anything online and expense it on us
- Travel for company events and get reimbursed
How to gain extra Gooru points
- Demonstrate your entrepreneurial, hustling, and energetic spirit
- Prove your ability to take full ownership of your role without the need to be micromanaged
- Conduct proper research about AlGooru prior to your interviews with us, we love people who already know about us.
- Be extra organized… like extra…
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.