Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Department: Everyday Financial Services
Job Number: 5881
Location: Calgary, AB (This is a hybrid role that requires some in office activities) #LI-Hybrid
Apply by: March 27, 2023
Paygrade: K – OTH
System Job Title: Data Analyst 6
# Positions available: 1
As ATB’s next Data Analyst, you will be reporting to the Director of Everyday Financial Services (EFS) Business Performance. The Data Analyst designs, implements and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational and dimensional databases. You must be comfortable working within a Google Cloud Platform environment. As part of the EFS Performance & Growth team, you immerse yourself in collecting and analyzing data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling and actionable recommendations. You are a business savvy storyteller that balances data science and action to tackle business challenges and support analytics needs across Everyday Financial Services.. You will work side by side with our data team and partners throughout ATB to help execute smart, simple and helpful solutions and check back-in to see if we are getting the intended results, by supporting and driving analytics processes and reinventing the way we use data. The Data Analyst must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Finally you are an objective voice that challenges the status-quo and looks out for the best interest of ATB and our customers.
- Mine, validate, analyze, present a wide range of data models quickly and effectively with the purpose of enabling the business user to make better, more informed decisions.
- Create and promote datasets and reports for analysis.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Support data creation through business requirements, validation and testing activities.
- Effectively deliver a business-savvy story through numbers and analytics; while demonstrating a high level of skill of communication and facilitation.
- Active involvement in Data Transformation and Data Quality projects.
- Leverage Business Intelligence tools to create data insights for executive viewing and self-serve opportunities for enterprise access.
- Liaison with EFS Business units such as Performance and Growth, EFS Markets, Digital Integration and Growth, Risk and Compliance, Strategic Advisors, Client Care, and the Agency Network.
- Participate actively in Community of Practice and Tableau Office hours to leverage best practices in data exploration, scripting, data analytics and visual methods.
- Provide insightful feedback into all corners of EFS and its most important business priorities.
- Identify business challenges and use data analysis to help influence and accelerate change.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across EFS and ATB to achieve business objectives and drive change.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- A university degree in Business, Statistics, Computer science, data science or a combination of training and work experience will be considered.
- 2-3 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Solid working knowledge using data transformation and manipulation tools (SQL proficiency, Big Query, Python or other analytical tools).
- Experience with reporting platforms and data sources such as Tableau, Looker Studio, Google Analytics
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are what we are looking for, please consider applying!
Interested? If you know one of our team members, BEFORE applying, reach out to them and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps.
Stay in touch!
ATB is excited to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.