Please seek advice from the How one can Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job support for directions on tips on how to apply.
In case you are an lively McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an lively contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply via this Profession Website. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (kind Discover Jobs within the search bar).
Reporting to the Affiliate Director, Communications, Scholar Life and Studying (SLL) and with a dotted line to the Director, Fairness, Variety, and Inclusion (EDI), the Communications Advisor, Fairness, Variety, and Inclusion develops and executes communications plans, methods, techniques and supplies in assist of the College’s commitments underneath McGill’s Strategic Fairness, Variety, and Inclusion Plan.
- Develop and implement communications methods and initiatives focusing on the McGill group to assist the EDI strategic instructions of the College.
- Write and create content material and oversee the manufacturing of supplies for a wide range of channels and mediums equivalent to digital, social media, internet content material, articles, e-mail, talking notes, movies, and others. Present strategic steerage on the choice and use of communications instruments, and techniques equivalent to inner media, social media, info and advert campaigns, and graphic design. Be certain that all supplies are clear, up-to-date, well-written, use acceptable imagery and tone of voice, goal meant audiences, and mirror McGill’s identification and model.
- Present assist within the improvement, creation, and placement of internet content material. Write and edit content material in collaboration with SLL and EDI management and keep a content material/editorial calendar.
- Prepares and helps the event of all supplies associated to inner and exterior institutional EDI reporting necessities (Senate, Board, and its related committees).
- Coach, orient, and supervise numerous stakeholders (college students, volunteers, workers, and many others.) to help with message supply throughout consciousness campaigns, actions, occasions, or commemorations.
- Liaise and collaborate with inner and exterior communications companions together with the Communications and Exterior Relations group, the Workplace of the Affiliate Provost, service suppliers (translation, photographers, videographers, graphic designers), and many others.
- Act as a liaison between EDI and different administrative or educational workplaces or items of the college to strengthen relationships, guarantee messages are correct and harmonized, and keep away from duplication.
- Set up and implement metrics to measure the success of communications methods and techniques. Analyze developments and outcomes, establish greatest communications practices, and supply acceptable suggestions.
- Undertake different duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Different Qualifying Abilities and/or Skills
- Superior writing and enhancing abilities (bilingual most well-liked), with the power to simply and readily adapt the tone to a given viewers.
- Demonstrated sturdy organizational, time-management, and project-management abilities, with a observe document for assembly tight deadlines, offering proactive responses, and eager consideration to element.
- Capacity to develop and implement communications plans and initiatives focusing on inner and exterior audiences.
- Glorious interpersonal abilities; means to work independently and inside a group; endurance, logic, diplomacy, and political tact.
- Confirmed expertise working with shoppers to evaluate and meet their communication wants.
- Information of EDI ideas and deep understanding of the challenges confronted by equity-seeking teams (post-secondary context an asset).
Different desired property:
- Net Content material Administration System expertise.
- Expertise in communications in EDI.
- Expertise working within the increased training sector.
- Specialised coaching and expertise in anti-oppression, anti-racism, confronting anti-Black racism, discrimination, and decolonizing practices.
McGill College is an English-language college the place day-to-day duties could require English communication each verbally and in writing. The extent of English required for this place has been assessed at a stage # 4 on a scale of 0-4.
Minimal Schooling and Expertise:
Bachelor’s Diploma 3 Years Associated Expertise /
(MPEX Grade 04) $62,550.00 – $78,190.00 – $93,830.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Affiliate Director Communications
Place Finish Date (If relevant):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the idea of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its group. We welcome purposes from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the abilities and information to productively interact with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the applying course of could contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.