Provincial Health Services Authority
BC Most cancers
Prince George, BC
The Medical Pharmacist performs extra procedures for almost all of time in a specialised oncology follow. Duties embody offering individualization of drug remedy using affected person data to develop therapeutic plans, offering in-service schooling to different well being care professionals throughout the Company, offering drug data to sufferers, physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals each inner and exterior to the Company and offering instruction/supervision to pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents. The Medical Pharmacist additionally prepares and dispenses remedy and different prescribed drugs.
What you may do
- Present individualization of drug remedy to sufferers by strategies akin to receiving affected person charts, assessing medical response by affected person contact and collaboration with different well being care suppliers and creating an individualized therapeutic plan.
- Work together with sufferers and the well being care staff to make sure applicable remedy remedy and to develop therapeutic plans by strategies akin to creating discharge plans for inpatients and medicine calendars for outpatients, aiding, as a part of the care staff, with the formulation of a therapeutic plan for using supportive care medicines and assessing affected person comprehension of that plan, answering affected person’s questions and aiding with formulation of a therapeutic plan for using different and complementary remedies, and monitoring of affected person compliance with therapeutic plans.
- Put together and dispense medicines and different pharmaceutical provides to make sure applicable remedy remedy and to make sure practices and requirements are in accordance with related federal and provincial laws.
- Present verbal and written drug data to physicians, nurses and different well being care professionals throughout the Company, to the lay public, pharmacists and different well being care professionals exterior to the Company and to sufferers by individualized counselling.
- Help, as a part of the care staff, with the availability and/or monetary help of non-BCCA profit medicines required to optimize the therapeutic plan by strategies akin to offering data and interacting with sufferers, well being care suppliers and representatives from exterior companies relating to choices akin to compassionate launch packages or acquiring monetary help by emergency support.
- Present instruction and/or supervision of pharmacy college students and/or pharmacy residents by strategies akin to mentoring.
What you deliver
- Bachelor’s Diploma in Pharmacy with present registration as a Licensed Pharmacist with the Faculty of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
- One (1) yr of latest associated expertise or an equal mixture of schooling, coaching and expertise.
You even have:
- Information and competency in aseptic strategies, use of organic security cupboards, procedures for protected dealing with of cytotoxic medicine, methods for drug data provision and important assessment of medical/paramedical literature, and methods for individualizing drug remedy in sufferers.
- Demonstrated capacity to arrange work and work independently.
- Dedication to upholding the shared duty of making lasting and significant reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Information of social, financial, political and historic realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Security and anti-racism and accompanying experiences (BC DRIPA, TRC, and many others.).
What we deliver
Each PHSA worker allows the very best affected person take care of our sufferers and their households. Whether or not you might be offering direct care, conducting analysis, or making it attainable for others to do their work, you impression the lives of British Columbians at the moment and sooner or later. That’s why we’re targeted in your care too – providing well being, wellness, improvement packages to help you – at work and at dwelling.
- Be a part of certainly one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide packages, companies and operations – providing huge alternatives for progress, improvement, and recognition packages that honour the dedication and contribution of all workers.
- Entry to skilled improvement alternatives by our in-house coaching packages, together with +2,000 programs, akin to our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Security Coaching course, or Core Linx for Management roles.
- Take pleasure in a complete advantages bundle, together with municipal pension plan, and psychological well being & security packages and holistic wellness assets.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with beneficiant trip entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a distant work pleasant employer, welcoming versatile work choices to help our folks (eligibility might differ, relying on place).
- Entry to WorkPerks, a premium low cost program providing a variety of native and nationwide reductions on electronics, leisure, eating, journey, wellness, attire, and extra.
Job Sort: Momentary, Full-Time (11/29/2024)
Wage: $49.87 to $62.32 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge St, Prince George, BC V2M 7E9
Hours of labor: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630
Requisition quantity: 151033E
As per the present Public Well being Order, full vaccination in opposition to COVID-19 is a situation of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Most cancers offers complete most cancers management for the folks of British Columbia.
BC Most cancers is a part of the Provincial Well being Providers Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Well being Providers Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialised well being companies with the BC well being authorities to supply equitable and cost-effective well being take care of folks all through the province. Our values replicate our dedication to excellence and embody: Respect folks – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Domesticate partnerships – Serve with function.
Be taught extra about PHSA and our packages: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Most cancers are dedicated to employment fairness, encouraging all certified people to use. We acknowledge that our capacity to supply the very best take care of our numerous affected person populations depends on a wealthy variety of abilities, data, background and expertise, and worth a protected, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere.
ATTN: PHSA Staff:
To be thought of as a PHSA worker (inner applicant) for this place, it’s essential to apply on-line by way of your inner profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please word the inner job posting will now not be accessible after the expiry date of September 2, 2023. If the inner job posting has expired, please contact the Inner Jobs Assist Desk and advise that you simply want to be thought of as a late inner applicant for this place. Please don’t apply for the exterior job posting.
You probably have not registered your inner profile, a password is required to log in for the primary time. To acquire your password, please contact the Inner Jobs Assist Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please word common enterprise hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries exterior of normal enterprise hours, please electronic mail the Inner Jobs Assist Desk at [email protected] and a Assist Desk Consultant will contact you the subsequent enterprise day.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this posting.