Kapawe'no First Nation
Providing support and assistance to the Community Wellness Centre Manager in delegated areas of delivery service in order to meet Centre philosophies, goals and objectives. Primary function is development and supervision of age-appropriate programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Centre Manager, develops, implements and evaluates age-appropriate programs to meet community needs.
- Supervises and builds rapport with members during Centre activities.
- Promotes a safe and fun environment by ensuring adherence to Centre rules, safe use of equipment, conflict resolution and implementation of special events.
- Assists in training and orientation of volunteers to Centre activities and events and ensuring programs are promoted.
- Assists with gathering program statistics.
- Coordinates bookings of facility and equipment.
- Recruits and supervises volunteers and after school program staff.
- Provides support, feedback, program ideas, assistance in problem solving and delegating tasks.
- Assists with member discipline and behavioral issues as required.
- Assists with development of program budgets.
- Develops and implements fund raising programs.
- Maintains safety, cleanliness, and inventory control of facility and equipment.
- Develops and maintains a community promotions strategy.
- Conducts youth leadership training and implements an ongoing mentorship program.
- Other duties as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Successful completion of a diploma or degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Child Care or Social Services.
- Experience working with youth and children.
- Completion of a Standard First Aid course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must enjoy working with children and youth.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must be willing to work evenings and occasional weekends.
Children’s Services Intervention Record Check
- Vulnerable Sector Check
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.