In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Workforce Scheduling Quality Improvement and Education, the Workforce Scheduling Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and delivery application and process training to staff across Island Health. The Coordinator also plays a lead role in the development of a comprehensive training plan by reviewing business objectives and determining a method for effective training implementation considering organizational factors and strategic priorities. The Coordinator will deliver training required by Managers and staff of Island Health in both clinical and operational areas and will utilize a Train the Trainer approach when appropriate.
The Coordinator will ensure optimal training is provided by staying current with recent developments in staffing policies, procedures, and updates and enhancements to scheduling applications as well as researching best practice(s).
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Social Sciences or similar field with an emphasis on adult education and training and a minimum of three (3) years related experience preferably in a healthcare field.
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in oral and written communications, public speaking, presentation and facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ESP or other scheduling database, spreadsheets and graphics.
- Ability to educate in groups or one-to-one.
- Ability to analyze and interpret evaluation results of training.
- Ability to conduct research and gather information using a variety of methods.
- Ability to prepare written reports.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Use of a personal vehicle to travel between multiple sites.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.