Work Integrated Learning Contract Development Administrator
Calgary, AB /
Academic – School of Health & Public Safety /
AUPE Casual/ Hourly
Apply for this job
The School of Health and Public Safety at SAIT prepares students for a dynamic career in the health care sector. We offer specialized training in diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, professional assistant programs, information management, and training for wellness professionals. Our programs are hands on, with students and instructors immersed in living classrooms and simulated training.
Work Integrated Learning Placement Specialist will work to liaise and procure new practicum-partnerships for the Vision Care Sciences program in the School of Health and Public Safety and its programs.
The position provides support for work-integrated learning placements. The key focus is to develop relationships with prospective employers of the Vision Care Programs and practicum, and develop and/or manage of databases and spreadsheets.
This position requires a high level of professionalism, strong communication skills (verbal/non-verbal, language/interpersonal skills), organization and attention to detail, and a keen focus on providing excellent, serviced-focused interactions with prospective work-integrated learning partners.
The individual must be able to consistently communicate with the Vision Care Program and HPS personnel to consolidate new practicum placement opportunities into a customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
The individual must be a self-starter and take ownership of the required workflow to ensure timelines are met and processes are followed. Knowledge and experience with Vision Care Sciences profession and healthcare is preferred.
- Development of new work-integrated learning agreements between the Vision Care Programs and external partners
- Maintain integrity of School processes and documentation for development of new work-integrated learning agreements between SAIT and an external partner
- Work with industry partners & contractors and HPS staff to prepare & process work-integrated learning contracts.
- Internal and External Stakeholder Communications
- Timely, service-focused communication with and work-integrated learning partners through primarily face-to-face interactions
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties related to the role, as assigned by the Academic Chair Vision Care Sciences and Healthcare Leadership
- Administrative Duties; Data entry into SAIT information technology systems – HPS CRM
- Follow standardized procedures for managing the tracking of finalizing work-integrated learning contracts
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Data entry and tracking of customer relations management
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma
- 3+ Customer service experience industry
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Able to travel to Edmonton/Red Deer/Lethbridge/or Medicine Hat to recruit practicum sites in the optical industry
- Driver’s license is considered an asset
- Business/commercial vehicle insurance
- Optician diploma/vision care certificate or equivalencies considered an asset
- Strong connections to optical, optometric, and/or ophthalmic industries
Job classification: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I – A5903
Hourly Rate: $21.56 – $26.57
# of positions: 4
Position End Date: August 31, 2023
Posting closing date: Until position is filled
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.