Magna International|Magna International
We have a vacancy of Weld Technician in our company, Magna International. This vacancy is based in Concord Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Weld Technician
Company: Magna International
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Concord Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-27
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Work with the weld engineer to ensure that welding processes meet or exceed customer requirements with respect to safety, quality, flexibility and throughput. Assist the maintenance crew in resolving welding issues found in teardown and cause by equipment failures. Assist the weld engineer to establish process parameters to conform to all requirements and develop, analyze and implement continuous improvement ideas on current programs as well as support new program development.
To work with the weld engineer in performing analysis of customer supplied weld drawings and provide input and direction in the development of welding process to ensure compliance with the related specs and requirements.
- To investigate and support of Customer Concerns on welding processes
- To work on weld failures on a daily basis. To physically work on the weld equipment, robots and other devices involve in the welding process
- To analyze customer product information and specifications, assist in improvements
- To get involve in the weld development of new programs ensuring that equipment complies with P&F Tool and Die’s standards
- To assist the weld engineer in creating and / or maintaining a system that will ensure the combined efforts of production and maintenance will result in higher quality of welds in current production
- To work with the weld engineer in assisting and providing training to production personnel in proper procedures of machine maintenance and parameter adjustments applicable to welding and change-over of weld consumables.
- To work with the weld engineer in evaluating and interpreting weld destruct data received from Quality Department and make improvement recommendations
- To continually improve weld quality and control and improve tip life
- To assist the weld engineer in the welding process for new programs and on-going engineering changes in conjunction with Engineering Department including approval for weld validation
- To assist the weld engineer in updating weld matrices and weld related forms
- To work with the weld engineer in establishing a system for weld schedule changes
- To determine Root Cause Analysis of weld failures and present a plan to control
Grade 12 or equivalent
- Min 5 years hands on experience in resistance, projection and Mig welding processes in an automated robotic welding environment
- Sound understanding of Metallurgy and welding technology
- Able to work, communicate and provide guidance within a team environment
- Experience in developing continuous improvement projects
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of welding processes, equipment and robotic applications
- Thorough knowledge and experience of weld quality and weld integrity in MIG, resistance and projection welding processes
- Good Knowledge of customer related weld specifications and applications
- Must have excellent knowledge of welding controllers (Medar and Bosch)
- Excellent understanding and comprehension of weld schedules and weld parameters
- Familiarity with GMSW manual
- Must have experience and skills with Fanuc robots
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.