Bird Nason Contracting Group’s teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Bird Nason Contracting Group rewards innovation and creativity and promotes a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We provide a wide variety of training including job specific safety and leadership training for apprentices and journeypersons. We value trade experience and support opportunities to advance into other positions in the firm including estimating, project management, site management or safety. We offer competitive wages, proper tools and a comprehensive benefits plan provided through The Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC).
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Bird Nason Contracting Group team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
Nason Contracting Group Ltd. is currently seeking applications for a Senior Laborer/Warehouse Person for our project at Shell Scotford near Fort Saskatchewan, AB. This is a permanent position scheduled at 40 hours per week.
Base rate of $32.58 per hour
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate/manage small warehouse deliveries
- Spotting equipment/delivery trucks
- Escorting material and equipment to and from the site security gate
- Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor and use of hands and tools
- Following safe work and quality policies and procedures for material handling
- Take instructions from immediate Supervisor to complete tasks as outlined daily
The successful candidate must possess the following skills/attributes:
- Minimum 2 years of laborer industrial experience
- Minimum 2 years of warehouse experience
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable industrial site
- Must be organized, self-driven, and have ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Able to operate varied manual pallet jacks
- Warehousing knowledge/training to receive, inspect and catalogue spare parts
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Be able to lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
Must have the following:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (not GDL)
- CSTS 2020
- WHMIS 2015
Candidates will be required to pass an alcohol and drug test as a pre-requisite to employment and site access.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Edmonton (Nason), Saskatoon
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.