Global Nomadic|Global Nomadic
Volunteer: Tefl Course + English Teaching In Cambodia Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Volunteer: Tefl Course + English Teaching In Cambodia in our company, Global Nomadic. This vacancy is based in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Volunteer: Tefl Course + English Teaching In Cambodia Job
Company: Global Nomadic
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-21
Posted on: teachingjobs.ca
Volunteer: Tefl Course + English Teaching In Cambodia Job Detail
Location: Training is is Siem Reap.
Duration: Training lasts 4 weeks, 140 hours of TEFL training, including in-class training in local schools.
Cost: US$2070 for the 4 weeks course INCLUDING accommodation.
2021: 26 July, 23 August, 20 September, 1 November, 29 November
- Gain your TEFL Certificate in Cambodia, including classroom experience and certification.
- Internationally accredited certificate, respected and recognized across the world.
- Full assistance provided throughout your placement.
- International teaching experience working with adults and children.
- Keywords: paid placement, teaching, TEFL, education, work placement abroad.
You ve taken the first step in an adventure that will change your life, as well as those of others! Teaching English as a foreign language is a rewarding experience, and a fulfilling way to discover another part of the world, as well as a new culture. Studying and working abroad is also a great achievement that you can proudly list on your CV/resum .
You will get to intimately know the beautiful country of Cambodia, with its famous Angkor Wat temple and the Mighty Mekong River. Most of our jobs are located in the vibrant capital of Phnom Penh, and this is where our support base is.
The following areas/subjects are covered during your 4 weeks of TEFL / TESOL training:
- An introduction to South East Asian culture – to help your transition into the local classroom and community.
- Teaching techniques – we provide you with models to teach beginners as well as advanced students, young learners and adults
- Teaching the four skills of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Planning a course for special purposes (such as for a business)
- Grammar – brushing up yours as a teacher, and techniques to teach grammar
- Creating materials for lessons
- Lesson planning
- Suitable activities for the language classroom
- Discipline in the classroom
- Building rapport with your students, including warmers and coolers in the classroom.
- Classroom management, covering all aspects
- Teaching one-to-one, as well as larger classes
- Teaching vocabulary
- Understanding problems for Asian learners (understanding the differences between their language and English) as well as for other key languages, such as Spanish and Russian.
- Error correction techniques
- Preparing your CV/resum , and tips for the interview process
- Teaching business English
- Teaching practices and assignments:
- You will have the opportunity to conduct several full lessons (teacher practicums). These are observed by a trainer, and detailed and constructive feedback is given to you after each lesson, to help you improve for your next lesson, and your career to follow. (You will get an opportunity to teach both young learners and adults). Our qualified trainers will assist you with the lesson planning process.
- Materials project: Here you will present the materials used for lessons, to the class.
- A journal entry assignment
- Various lesson planning and group work assignments
- Various tests and tasks over the 4-week course, covering grammar, punctuation and a few other aspects covered in class. We work with our teachers to adequately prepare them for these tests. All content of the tests is covered during the course.
There is no final examination that determines your pass grade. Your final course result is determined by the combined marks of the assignments above, as well as on your participation and teamwork in class, attendance and behaviour.
A grade of at least 70% is required in order to pass the course. More than 50% of this grade is made up of marks for teacher practices.
All graduates also receive a report, and those who obtain a distinction, are also presented with a personalised letter of reference.
Please note: all information above is subject to change. Please check the most up to date information on the Global Nomadic website when applying. COVID-19 restrictions may still apply.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://teachingjobs.ca/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.