Global Nomadic|Global Nomadic
Volunteer: Teaching With Early Childhood Development In Ghana Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Volunteer: Teaching With Early Childhood Development In Ghana in our company, Global Nomadic. This vacancy is based in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Volunteer: Teaching With Early Childhood Development In Ghana Job
Company: Global Nomadic
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-21
Posted on: teachingjobs.ca
Volunteer: Teaching With Early Childhood Development In Ghana Job Detail
Location: Accra, Ghana
Duration: 2-12 weeks commitment
Start Dates: Weekly project starts on a Saturday
Price: from 1,395 for 2 weeks.
Includes: All food, accommodation, airport pickup, pre-departure orientation and training, and all project related activities.
Does not include: Flights, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations
- Learning about, and contributing towards, globally recognised development objectives in education
- Working with incredible under-privileged children and schools to break local cycles of poverty
- Plan, design and support local teachers to deliver educational classes on a range of subjects to young children, in their early years of education.
- Gaining access to Ghanaian culture +amp; communities in a structured +amp; rewarding manner Learning about the operations of local NGOs and the challenges of working in the development sector in West Africa
- Visiting natural sites, historic monuments and wildlife parks in a tropical sub-saharan African setting
- Meeting interesting and exciting people who will become lifelong friends
- Help under-resourced local schools improve their educational environments and enrich their curriculums.
While most children in Ghana do attend school, the standard of education can be fairly low, and schools are often under resourced and overcrowded. On this program, volunteers will contribute towards developing these schools in a sustainable way by assisting in the class room, doing one-to-one tutoring, and in resource and staff development. Key focus areas for this program include assisting in core subjects and designing and delivering extra-curricular activities for creche, kindergarten and junior school-aged students. Participants may also have the opportunity to get involved with activities on other programs, such as women’s empowerment and vocational training.
Get the opportunity to be involved in activities that help promote the Sustainable Development Goals including SDG #4, Quality Education. You could assist in improving the school environment, raising money for new educational resources, assisting in the training of local teachers, to organising educational games and activities, there is always plenty of valuable work to be done.
Contribute towards early-years education in the coastal fishing communities located to the West of Accra, where access to education and quality of education remain significant development challenges. Work to improve and enrich the classroom experiences of young children from under-privileged backgrounds, helping to prepare a solid educational foundation from which those students can confidently move on to the later stages of their schooling and, potentially, to higher education.
Team members needing to show flexibility, patience, a pro-active approach and an ability to work dynamically with limited resources in a developing context
Activities Will Include
- Planning, designing, and delivering educational activities such as teaching and classroom support, one-to-one tutoring, organising structured play, educational games and extracurricular activities, such as arts, crafts, music and games
- Help develop educational resources, creating engaging learning materials, decorations and other classroom resources
- Help staff administrate, manage and improve school policies, procedures +amp; practices;
- Teacher training, through workshops in educational approaches, skills and techniques
- Creating fund-raising campaigns +amp; appeals to help raise funds or secure future support
- Organising Parent/Teacher Association meetings or other parent or community based activities and events to keep the parents and community engaged and involved in education
Please note: all information above is subject to change. Please check the most up to date information on the Global Nomadic website when applying. COVID-19 restrictions may still apply.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://teachingjobs.ca/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.