The Foray Group
Position Title: Virtual Recruiter – Remote
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Sentient HR aims to enrich lives through the power of connections. Sentient specializes in Supply Staffing, temporary and full-time staff placements for child care centres and private schools. Sentient currently operates in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and serves over 500 centres and private schools and employs over 350 child care workers and RECEs. Our administrative staff actively seek opportunities to connect child care centres to the right supply staff during times of need. Sentient can provide Supply Staff on the same day a request is made by using our user-friendly website, phone, e-mail, or text message. We are also able to provide staff for planned absences and full-time positions. We recruit passionate child care workers and provide ongoing professional development to engage their growth mindset. Our culture is one that values trusted partnerships, enabling growth, and the ability to excel and be fully engaged. We value integrity and focus on making a positive impact on our clients, supply staff, co-workers, and communities.
The Sentient Recruiter is responsible for maintaining a team of child care staff to meet the demands of Sentient’s continual growth in markets across Ontario.
The role is dedicated to fulfilling talent management for the following roles:
- Supply/On-Call Staff
- Short to Long-Term Contract Staff
- Permanent Hires, including Directors, RECEs and AssistantsThe Recruiter sources and interviews all candidates for permanent and supply staffing positions. Upon interviewing candidates, those chosen to move on to training will be invited to an e-Orientation by the Recruiter. The Recruiter will monitor all e-Orientation enrolments, which includes the submission of required documentation and all of the information necessary for new staff to start their first shift. Additionally, the Recruiter is responsible for meeting goals related to the number of qualified resumes submitted, attendance at e-Orientation, and how much new stuff is added to the team. A goal to reduce the current time it takes from a candidate’s interview to working his/her first shift is a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the Recruiter. Sentient HR Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Recruiter is a relentless networker who can effectively develop strong partnerships with colleges, employment agencies, and community centres. The Recruiter is responsible for increasing Sentient’s brand awareness for students in college Early Childhood Education courses with the goal of becoming an exclusive employer partner with these institutions.
- Plan recruitment message. Change messaging; maintain brand guidelines. Stay competitive in recruitment messaging. Propose for approval.
- Create recruitment posts once per week on Facebook, I.G., and the Website. Whenever possible, add an application button to posts. Track ROI weekly. Work with Marketing to boost Social Media posts, when needed.
- Research the most suitable groups, blogs, and websites on which to post for free and paid advertising.
- Market Sentient’s expanded HR Services to clients related to our service offering to hire Permanent staff to child care centres.
- Maintain the Applicant Tracking System, JazzHR.
- Fulfill the recruitment requirements for Permanent Hires.
- Lead the creation of an HR Policy and Procedure cloud-based document database for our supply staff to remain up to date with any changes that would affect the child care industry.
- Organize, plan, and execute HR-related webinars for supply staff and clients.
- Contact colleges and plan a schedule for hosting a Zoom virtual job fair during the fiscal year.
- Monitor the e-Orientation site and ensure our targets for students completing the e-Orientation are met. Motivate and inspire students who are enrolled to complete the course in order to commence their first day of work.
- Collect all required documentation for work in child care for Sentient supply staff prospects.
- Update our Website with new job postings.
- Integrate the Recruitment Video in Media Ads, Social, Fairs, Orientation.
- Work with Marketing to recruit using digital marketing strategies.
- Interview Candidates for Sentient Supply, CFEL, and Permanent Hires.
- Focus online recruitment in areas of need.
- Track success of recruitment strategies
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years in a recruiter role is required.
- Mass recruitment experience is an asset.
- Ability to network in areas of need, including colleges, community and employment centres.
- The ability to recruit utilizing social media “Mother’s Groups”.
- Ability to maintain awareness of industry-related policies, procedures, and protocols in child care.
- A positive Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required.
- Competency in using technology, both computers, and mobile Apps, as much of the role will be using and managing a cloud-based recruitment program.
- Experience and ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- Knowledge of compensation research.
- Experience facilitating Webinars.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and work well under tight deadlines and pressure.
- A dynamic individual with a natural drive to achieve goals, who is very focused on adding new staff to the team.
Commissions are up to $3000/month!
Sentient HR Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 10-15 per week
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Recruiting: 2 years (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.