Location: Montreal, Canada
Job Ref#: 16875
Description & Requirements
The role of a Media Planner (Digital) is to manage our holistic digital media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis. This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Prepare, write and present integrated digital media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and that go beyond the brief.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the plan – regularly evaluate campaign performance, proactively optimize campaigns, provide campaign post reports and ensure flawless campaign setup and digital activation.
- Prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Remain up to date with latest updates from major media partners (e.g. Google, Facebook).
- Thorough understanding of the digital planning and buying process in order to effectively anticipate and manage client expectations (e.g. accurate tagging, timely creative, etc.).
- Create strong, collaborative relationships with the specialty business units (SBUs).
- Negotiate media campaigns with sales representatives and explore promotional or value-added opportunities, where applicable.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships by demonstrating your ability to be responsible, reliable, and resourceful. Initiate and coordinate the media buying process that delivers exceptional results.
- Proactively advise the digital team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Assist with the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations, and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Partner with ad operations team to ensure invoice clearing and budget management.
- Responsible for accurate and timely client finance reports and budget control reports (BCRs).
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Ensure client budgets are managed and on track.
- Source and evaluate proposals from media partners as required.
- Assist with document creation: presentations, visual summaries, schedules and reports.
- Prepare media POVs/evaluations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in media planning.
- Previous experience working within an advertising agency an asset.
- Strong understanding of trafficking and website tagging processes.
- Proficiency with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
- Passion for data, emerging media and technology.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Client service oriented.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well and multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties, regardless of their preferred official language. Accommodations are available, upon request, for individuals with disabilities or medical needs at any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest in IPG Mediabrands. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. Our consultative approach and agile model, rooted in diversity, equity and belonging, drive better business outcomes for brands. As the leading global media network in Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of clients including the following in Canada: BMO, Sobeys, PokerStars, H&M, Johnson & Johnson, SkipTheDishes, Sony, Spotify and Hershey. UM is the number one agency in Canada, as ranked by RECMA and has been awarded more Media Innovation Awards than any other agency for the past two years.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.