Parsons Corporation|Parsons Corporation
We have a vacancy of Transit Project Manager in our company, Parsons Corporation. This vacancy is based in Burnaby British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Transit Project Manager
Company: Parsons Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Burnaby British Columbia Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-29
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons has an immediate opening for a Transit Project Manager/Project Controls Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that would support our RTS (Rail Transportation Services) division. In this role you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience coordinating projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and closeout will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. This role would be based in Vancouver, Canada.
- Manages scope, schedule, cost, quality, and forecasts. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project. Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Coordinates and manages the oversight of contractors performing work in the field. Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
- Produces and maintains integrated schedules for the complete Program. Assesses and reports on scheduling conflicts with other third-party work.
- Reviews and reports on the Contractor implementation schedule. Creates and maintains a risk register. Monitors and provides cost control management.
- Prepares progress reports and task plans. Field responsibilities may include job walks, safety hazard analysis Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers.
- Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical/business field and typically 12+ years of related work experience is required. Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background. Professional registration may also be required.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.