IPEX Group of Companies
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems.
Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Training Specialist.
This role is based in our Distribution Center in Edmonton Alberta and reports to the Regional Distribution Manager. This position will support training needs across all Western Canada Distribution Centers.
As Training Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of learning solutions/programs and audits. Partnering with the Management Team, L&D COE, and other collaborators, they will assess the learning needs at the DC’s and ensure consistency in the implementation of the training programs for the site operations.
- Perform a proactive analysis of the training needs of each team and role. This includes, but is not limited to, new team members onboarding, technical/skills development, on the job training (OJT), classroom instruction, new equipment operational instructions, and performance development/improvement.
- In collaboration with the Management Team, design a comprehensive training program based on the detailed analysis for each role.
- Collaborate with members of management to plan and coordinate training activities according to their respective needs and business priorities.
- Consult with the Management team, L&D COE, subject matter experts, and other key partners to develop short, and long-term learning solutions or programs, that support the achievement of location goals and strategy.
- Support the launch of new learning programs at the assigned location.
- Oversee the development and maintain various quality training content and materials, such as manuals, presentations, training plans, timelines, work instructions, etc.
- Support and comply with all HSE policies and procedures, as well ensure the same policies and procedures are engrained as an integral part of the training program.
- Track and audit the training performed, successes and opportunities for improvements of each team member trained and the overall success of the training offerings.
- Develop/upload and maintain training matrix and records(certifications)as defined.
- Monitor and measure learning outcomes as well as adjust solutions or programs based on changing business needs to drive continuous improvement
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of a learning culture within the organization
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of College Diploma or University Degree
- A University degree/certificate in Education, Adult Learning, or equivalent experience in Learning & Development is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in training, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution/warehouse environment
- Proven experience onboarding new employees
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Strong facilitation skills
- Positive relationship building with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Open and willingness to travel to other Distribution Centers within Western Canada (Approx. 30%)
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- working in a Manufacturing or distribution/warehouse: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.