OTEC (Ontario Tourism Education Corporation)
Are you longing to make an impact using project coordination expertise and strong administration skills to support a training team in providing a seamless learning experience to diverse audiences? Do you want to tap into your passion for learning and development to support our learning team in creating engaging and impactful programs? Do you pride yourself on providing excellent customer service representing an organization making a social impact in Ontario? If you’ve answered yes, we’d love to talk to you about this contract opportunity.
OTEC is Ontario’s Tourism Workforce Development Organization. We’re a not-for-profit committed to the growth of a professional and skilled tourism workforce in communities and organizations throughout the province.
We offer our clients and partners strategic guidance, resources and support with program and project implementation. Our award-winning alliance, Tourism SkillsNet Ontario, illustrates our leadership in this space by offering a single framework that aligns industry, education, employment and training stakeholders to enable them to develop recruitment and training models aligned with the skills needed by businesses.
Our array of research, technology, communication solutions and reputable training products such as Service Excellence, leadership training, certifications and education products are a source of pride for our organization. At OTEC, we value collaboration, working closely with destinations, businesses, secondary and post-secondary schools, and are driven by the social impact we make though our network of partners and clients.
OTEC is seeking a Training Coordinator to join it’s Learning and Development Team. As part of this team, you will play a key role in the delivery of OTEC’s workforce development training, supporting learning which is provided to over 5,500 people per year.
OTEC’s training is delivered in multiple formats; in-person; online (virtual by live video); self-directed (eLearning) and blended learning (multiple formats). A high level of attention to detail and strong planning skills are key to the success of this role.
The role also provides an opportunity to work across several teams at OTEC; with many prestige businesses and destinations in the Tourism & Hospitality Sectors and with multiple service providers and vendors.
An ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated and someone who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Training Logistics Coordination (online and in-person training)
- Coordinate and administer facilitator/consultant schedules and contracts
- Send materials, Zoom links and pre-work to event participants
- Design, create and update course materials, in particular PowerPoint decks.
- Design, create and circulate course completion certificates to participants
- Process project training requests
- Track participant feedback and complete a range of learning reports
- Coordinate learners in OTEC’s state of the art Learning Management System (LMS)
- Coordinate reporting functionality in OTEC’s LMS
- Update a range of documentation
- Administer contracts and maintain relationships with OTEC training vendors
- Support Learning & Development Team in project administration
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in coordinating online and in-person events
- Enjoys project coordination work; and has experience coordinating and scheduling work completion to deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; specifically, a flair for PowerPoint and proficient in Excel
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills: can establish good working relationships with colleagues, clients and 3rdparty vendors/suppliers
- An interest in working in tourism and hospitality and supporting the economic recovery of the sector
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, especially with handling sensitive documents and company information
- Organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work with minimal supervision, including from a home office 2 – 3 days a week
- Comfort and competence in communicating with clients and colleagues via email and on Zoom
- Prior Learning Management System experience preferred, using the Absorb LMS is a definite plus.
OTEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and welcomes individuals’ uniqueness by valuing and respecting their talents, skills, and abilities to the benefit of the collective whole. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and any other protected ground under The Ontario Human Rights Code. At OTEC, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Please include a cover letter highlighting how your experience matches the requirements of this role.
- coordinating online and in-person events: 1 year (preferred)
- coordinating and scheduling work completion to deadlines: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Application deadline: 2023-04-28
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.