Our client, a manufacturer supplying ground support equipment to the mining and tunneling industry on a global scale, is looking for an experienced Training Coordinator to join their team.
With a focus on providing expertise to their clients and sustainability as a continuous goal, this pioneer in ground support equipment is known for innovation, quality and reliability. With their various manufacturing facilities in major mining areas, they are well placed to support their clients.
In this new position, the Training Coordinator will be responsible for communicating with management to identify training needs, mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. They will manage, design, develop, coordinate, and conduct training programs.
- Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, communication with managers, supervisors, and human resources.
- Create, organize, plan, and present various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees.
- Map out annual training plans.
- Develop unique training programs to fulfill workers specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Create and/or acquire training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Present training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, as well as retraining requirements.
- Assess training materials prepared by instructors.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepare and implement training budget; maintain records and reports of expenses.
· 2+ years of experience with proven capabilities in a training and development role, such as Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator, or similar)
· Post secondary education in education, training, HR or related field
· Highly effective communication skills, able to communicate clearly, and actively listen to others
· Strong presentation skills
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software
· Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
· Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
· Ability to design and implement effective training and development
· Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning
· Organized and skilled in time management
OUR CLIENT OFFERS
Competitive salary, RSP matching, benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and more.
ABOUT CALSTONE SEARCH
Calstone Search is the permanent search division of Workforce Inc. successfully supporting companies with their recruitment needs with a core focus on talent in the natural resources and heavy industries.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$74,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Training and Development: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.