Toronto Or Calgary – Tax Technology And Transformation Manager Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Toronto Or Calgary – Tax Technology And Transformation Manager in our company, EY. This vacancy is based in Toronto ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Toronto Or Calgary – Tax Technology And Transformation Manager Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-02
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Toronto Or Calgary – Tax Technology And Transformation Manager Job Detail
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Technology and Transformation Manager
Tax Technology and Transformation offers services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including the growing data burden that many businesses face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and to the need to understand how to make data an asset. The underlying objective of the combined offerings is to help businesses navigate the digital age of tax transparency alongside new trends in tax compliance and tax audit methods, as well as helping to solve the most pressing challenges that businesses face. Tax Technology and Transformation is composed of the following services: Digital tax transformation, Tax applications-as-a-service, Tax data and improvement, Tax analytics and reporting enhancement, Emerging tax technology, including robotic process automation (RPA), machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), data lake development and business intelligence innovation, Tax technology program mobilization, Custom tax technology application development and deployment, Direct and indirect tax systems implementation and configuration, Tax operating model transformation, including process improvement, risk and controls, and Tax function assessments.
Tax technology is an area that has experienced significant growth and investment and you will see that reflected in your career. EY’s TTT practice assists clients by maximizing their tax operating model through process redesign, utilization of tax technology, improved data flows and organizational design enhancement. It is no exaggeration to say you will be working on highly publicized projects. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created. This is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) Manager, you will be part of a team that works with companies across various industries such as: financial services, energy, consumer products, manufacturing, technology, communications and entertainment to improve end-to-end business processes driving tax performance. You’ll be responsible for managing and coordinating TTT projects, leading and teaming with talented and innovative professionals dedicated to client service.
Skills and attributes for success
- Assist the client in identifying improvement opportunities and developing responsive organization tax operating models and metrics.
- Optimize processes impacting Tax that drive business outcomes across multiple tax domains, such as corporate tax, indirect tax, and international tax.
- Design effective and controlled tax processes, with enabling technologies, to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- Implement technologies that enable business performance, including working with upstream finance systems and downstream tax technology tools.
- Work with finance and IT teams to increase the tax-relevancy of finance data in ERP systems (e.g. SAP and Oracle), and in close, consolidation and reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, etc.).
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients and EY project team, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service and timely deliverables.
- Ability and willingness to travel within North America up to 20% of the time.
- Anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team.
- Contribute to a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positivity.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree with 4+ years’ relevant work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a corporate tax function; optimizing tax processes by supporting and or implementing tax solutions in industry or at a professional services firm.
- The ability to facilitate workshops to assess tax processes and systems and a natural ability to articulate and present service offerings and solutions to C-suite and tax leadership.
- An efficient and highly organized approach with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to marry a sense of urgency with a high attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership skills with an interest in motivating and developing staff.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; experience drafting presentations and proposals is preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following:
- tax software products such as Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax or OneSource
- tax data and reporting requirements for ledger, planning and consolidation systems, such as SAP, Oracle, BPC, Hyperion, etc.
- content and workflow management software, such as SharePoint
- tax process and operational assessments
- Advance level usage of Microsoft Excel such as Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI and data modelling
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY jobsincanada.one Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.