Magna International|Magna International
We have a vacancy of Test Technician Co-Op in our company, Magna International. This vacancy is based in Newmarket Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Test Technician Co-Op
Company: Magna International
Work Type: Internship
City of work: Newmarket Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-27
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Job Number: 45542
Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
Division: Mechatronics Technical Center
Job Type: Intern/Co-op
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML’s expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Ignite Your Transformation
For a big company, we’re surprisingly entrepreneurial. Expect a collaborative and supportive atmosphere that will help you grow, both professionally and personally. We are committed to delivering success by offering our customers a truly diverse and global range of products. Step into an inclusive and dynamic team – Be part of the Magna family.
Closures Technical Centre, a division of Magna International Inc., is focused on the design, development and testing of Mechatronics products for the automotive industry. We are currently looking for students in the Engineering Technology field for 4-month co-op placements starting in the Fall, Winter or Spring semesters.
- Working towards completion of a college diploma/university degree in engineering technology (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Proficient use of personal computer
- Good mechanical ability
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Developing knowledge of PLC based control systems, pneumatics and basic measurement instrumentation
- Familiar with and capable of using hand tools
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Perform tests on customer-supplied products per specified test methods in accordance with all quality and environmental requirements
- Set-up test as per customer specifications and collect, document and maintain test results / observations to ISO 17025 requirements
- Verify the calibration of test equipment prior to taking test results
- Monitor the status of tests and document this activity in testing logbooks
- Identify and report unusual test conditions, broken or out of calibration equipment and procedure violations
- Enter all test data into TAD’s accurately and promptly. Create TIR’s if required to be approved
- Document all test observations, data, incidents, set-ups, verifications accurately and in accordance with all ISO 17025 standards
- Trouble shoot and repair fixture problems
- Operate various hand tools, measurement instrumentation, and test equipment
- Maintain lab equipment in a safe, clean, orderly and operational manner
- Work in compliance with all Quality standards as outlined in the CTL Quality Manual and propose continuous improvement ideas
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment
- Participate in training on department hazards and safe operation of equipment and adhere to all company safety policies and safe work habits
- Work in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.