TARO PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
Opportunities for career growth and development
A competitive wage/salary
Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
The main responsibility of this position is the attainment of Taro/Sun products sales objective vs budget within an assigned territory, while achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve and surpass territory sales and profitability targets vs budget
- Analyze, develop and implement a Taro/Sun Business Plan that maximizes sales for the territory and re-evaluate this plan on a quarterly basis and amend where necessary to enhance territory performance
- Keep abreast of all competitive activity within the territory and understand the trends and influences in the pharmaceutical industry and how they impact the territory
- Communicate to Taro/Sun Sales and Marketing all pertinent information concerning competitor activities, customer behaviours/attitudes, market trends, etc. on a regular basis.
- Be Taro/Sun Canada’s focal point with all customers in the territory for all issues and through the appropriate conduct and actions, enhance the company’s profile with these customers
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Maintain fiscal responsibility managing trade spends per account to maximize profitability and ensure operations spend is to budget
- Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner
- Attend customer and association trade shows as required by Manager
- Develop and deliver presentations at Regional Meetings as required
- Work collaboratively within your region to share best practices
- Complete all GMP training and maintain current personal training records in accordance with company guidelines
- Comply with all industry and corporate guidelines and ethics
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits when required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong sales skills and business acumen
- The ability to utilize internal support systems, perform in-depth sales analysis, and develop strategic business building plans for the territory
- Must be results-driven
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Adaptable to change
- Possesses time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
Background and Experience
- Minimum of a University degree preferably in Science or Business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years retail sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to travel
- Posses a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Manage account profitability
- Ability to identify customer needs and understand competitive activity
- Resolve customer issues
- Creativity in differentiating Taro from competitors
- Home office based
- Travel required
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.