Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Do YOU share OUR real passion for:
- Advocating for our customers’ needs and building a personalized experience
- Genuinely displaying humanity in every customer interaction
- Being an exceptional communicator: listen, transparent and clear
- Getting things done by leveraging each other’s unique talents
- Proactively adapting to meet the changing needs of our customers
As a Customer Service Specialist within the TELUS Custom Security Systems (TCSS) team, you will be the voice of TELUS’ residential and home-based business customers. Working in an established world-class contact center that offers excellence in post-sales support for TELUS security products and services; you will build customer loyalty by promoting an excellent customer experience and demonstrating the benefits of using our products and services and to do business with our company.
You will process customer queries related to account update, orders, programs, promotions, invoices, services, pay cycles, payment types, cancellation, recovery account balance, and other matters of interest in a professional and timely manner; while ensuring excellent customer service by communication with the internal team, and/or ensure and appropriately transfer to the responsible department when required.
The Customer Service Specialist call center operates 5 days a week. Currently the hours of operations are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM PST, Monday to Friday.
Please note: This is a regular, Full-Time position. Our next scheduled class will start on January 30th, 2023.
What’s in it for YOU?
At TELUS, we understand that a big part of our success comes from the people we hire, which is why we honor our employees with an excellent compensation package with a starting wage of $22.50 per hour.
You can also take advantage of our campus setting complete with paid training programs, state-of-the-art equipment, e-Lofts, cyber cafes and career development planning that will help you gain the tools needed to help you shift your career into high gear in various exciting roles, including quality coaching, floor support, front-line management, training and Information Technology (IT) support. Also, in order to insure your success in your new role, you will be provided with 4-6 weeks of full-time paid training for which you must be available to attend.
Please note that this position will require you to work temporarily from home.
Our culture supports a learning-based environment supported by pay-for-performance and a personal life balance. In many of our contact centers there are opportunities for you to become eligible for our At Home Agent program.
The TELUS At Home Agent Program is an innovative work arrangement that enables team members to carry out their work responsibilities from home, rather than from the traditional office location. An At Home Agent is able to work from a dedicated workspace within their homes using the same desktop tools as a team member who works in the office. All new employees start in the office environment and have the option to apply for the AHA program during internal postings.
Required Skills, Abilities & Attributes:
- Successful experience in a sales role and/or customer service environment
- Familiarity with communication products and services
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deliver service excellence by demonstrating tenacity, persuasiveness, and strong social skills
- Ability to present a professional image and communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze data, utilize problem-solving skills, and recommend solutions
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced, changing environment
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding and data entry skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply learned skills and complete and pass all training requirements
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.