Technology Risk – Manager – Vancouver Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Technology Risk – Manager – Vancouver in our company, EY. This vacancy is based in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Technology Risk – Manager – Vancouver Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
URL Expiry: 2023-01-24
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Technology Risk – Manager – Vancouver Job Detail
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is seeking a Manager to join our Technology Risk team. This professional will manage engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements
This professional will also be expected to interact with other members of the Business Consulting service line and potentially touch upon topics such as cyber security, IT risk assessments, privacy assessments, technology selections & implementations, data analysis and many other issues our clients deal with.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications
- Financial Audit IT Integration – Execution of IT related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits)
- Internal Controls Attestations – Focus on providing an opinion on management’s assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls.
- Service organization reporting – Focus on the issuance of third-party reports in the form of 3416 reports, SOC 1 & SOC 2 reports, etc.
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY’s practices and broader service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support on-site coordination role for clients including planning, briefing team on the client’s IT environment and industry IT trends, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Prepare IT reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
- Able to discuss and resolve audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations
- Lead and provide relevant support to the teams of senior consultants and consultants, including delivering formal IT Audit related trainings.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks as well as cultivate business development opportunities.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
- Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct operational risk experience or technical knowledge of IT-related assessments or audits (e.g., Internal Controls for Financial Reporting, SOX, SOC reporting)
- Relevant professional designation, such as CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM, or eligible to obtain relevant designation
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic;
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada Secret clearance
- Willingness to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
What We Look For
As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients’ high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations. We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What We Offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY jobsincanada.one Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.