Shack Shine is the #1 company in the house detailing industry and we are growing fast! We are looking for a strong leader with a passion for working with good people. We have an incredible, award winning team of young, dedicated and driven individuals and offer comprehensive skill development, ongoing coaching and advancement opportunities. And we have fun doing it too!
- Are you a people person who lives to help and improve those around you?
- Do you love following, improving and creating systems to ensure things run smoothly?
- Do you want to be part of an awesome, top performing team and culture?
- Do you love the idea of being rewarded for your hard work?
If you answered YES! to the above, we want you on our team. Please continue to read thoroughly.
SHACK SHINE IS LOOKING FOR AN TECHNICIAN TRAINER WHO IS:
- A strong leader who has a demonstrable history of training and developing others to follow systems and processes.
- Capable of holding new team members accountable to specific metrics and expectations.
- Adaptable, energetic, with a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- A self-starter and have a “figure it out attitude”
- Passionate for delivering outstanding results.
- Physically active and like to work outdoors.
- Excited about providing the best team and customer experience.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Onboarding new team members to set them up for success while working at Shack Shine
- Training new team members to produce jobs on budget, following our Shack Shine Way
- Organizing, managing and maintaining equipment: our fleet of 8 Sprinter vans, pressure washers and other light equipment.
- Completing window washing, gutter cleaning, pressure washing and Christmas light installation alongside operations teams at times to help develop their skills and productivity.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager to keep them informed of new team member training progress.
- Provide solutions to problems, broken systems and personnel conflicts.
- Ensure compliance of occupational safety standards, uniform standards, van cleanliness and excellent quality of work.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of experience in home services or trainer / leadership roles.
- Hands-on experience with tools and equipment
- Ability to use extension ladders and work at heights
- Ability to train new team members using hands on training methods
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Friendly personality and committed to great customer service.
- A strong work ethic and highly dependable.
- Ability to work with ladders, and comfortable with heights is a must.
- Able to do physical work including bending, lifting, and handling tools for extended periods of time.
- Driver’s license and acceptable driving history
- Demonstrable proficiency with Google Suite programs such as calendar, drive, sheets, gmail and google docs.
How to apply:
Tell us why you are a perfect fit for this role by sending your resume, cover letter and a video using LOOM: (https://www.loom.com/) to kit.hulbert @ shackshine.com.
In the video we want to hear:
- What excites you about the role?
- What makes you qualified for it?
- What is your favourite powertool and why?
- What does your perfect weekend look like?
*References and a Criminal Record Check will be requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Trainer: 3 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
- Day Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.