City of Toronto
- Produces and directs live HD television programming of City Council and Internal Standing Committee Meetings for distribution and broadcasting through various platforms.
- Designs, constructs, commissions and operates broadcast systems at City Hall and Metro Hall.
- Designs, constructs and operates videoconferencing systems linking broadcast systems at City Hall, Metro Hall and surrounding Civic Centres.
- Assists in designing, constructing and commissioning integrated broadcast and control systems hardware and software.
- Provides press conference service to the Mayor, Councillors and all divisions ensuring broadcast quality audio to all media outlets. Consults with clients, determines appropriate equipment for environment and venue. Transports, sets-up, configures and tests equipment.
- Provides all audio visual support for City Council and Committee meetings, including recording through digital file archival system and distribution of digital copies, set-up and operation for voting systems, P.A. systems, presentation equipment and lighting.
- Provides audio visual support for internal and external users at City Hall, Metro Hall and Civic Centre meeting and event spaces. Consults with clients to determine requirements.
- Maintains video archival system for Council and Committee meetings, provides dubbing and distribution services for elected officials, staff, media, etc.
- Maintains an audio visual inventory for all sites, purchases, catalogs and marks equipment.
- Triages, diagnoses and determines resolution regarding technical issues, service interruption, etc. and implements.
- Provides on-site audio visual support for special events, consults with clients to determine requirements and provides advice.
- Co-ordinates all technical requirements for users of City meeting spaces. Consults with users to determine technical requirements. Provides advice and makes recommendations.
- Provides instruction to users in proper use of equipment, facilities and presentation tools including software and computers.
- Assists in research, assessment and recommendations regarding the purchase of audio visual equipment, ensuring adherence to best practice guidelines and city purchasing policies.
- Conducts bench technician work.
- Coordinates contracts with external repair companies. Schedules and oversees major repairs. Maintains all related records/documentation/manuals.
- Responds to enquiries. Serves as point of contact for all issues related to broadcast, cable and audio visual requirements.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education related to job function, considerable experience in the Audio Visual field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge and hands on experience of all hardware, software and other technologies utilized in the operation of Video Conferencing, Broadcasting and Audio Visual facilities.
- Considerable experience performing troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs to all Audio Visual equipment.
You must also have:
- Advanced knowledge of various Broadcasting and Audio Visual Hardware and Software options. Any Creston Hardware, Software or Network certifications would be an asset.
- Ability to make recommendations relating to the provisions of AV Technology Services to a diverse client base.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, staff, the general public, politicians and other sensitive clients in efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Possess and maintain a valid Province Class “G” Drivers License is an asset.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City’s Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.