MaRS Discovery District
Health and dental coverage
Highly competitive package for individuals and their family members, as well as access to the confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program.
Time off to recharge
Starting vacation entitlement of three weeks in addition to a week-long holiday office closure and personal days.
Indoor bike parking and showers along with direct access to Queens Park subway station.
Architecturally-inspiring, amenity-rich building housing some of the world’s most progressive minds.
Access to hundreds of annual conferences, lectures and networking showcases.
MaRS Social Committee
Year-round team-building outings as part of our social, health and wellness program.
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About MaRS Innovation Hubs
As the operators behind Canada’s leading innovation hub campus, the MaRS Innovation Hubs business is foundational to supporting the overall MaRS mission of helping innovators create a better world. Through developing, curating, operating and programming world-class properties, our work brings together active communities that converge sectors and disciplines to propel Toronto and Canada’s innovation economy. The Innovation Hubs business offers a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment with over 1.5 million square feet of purpose-built real estate under active management that includes a unique mix of offices, labs and research facilities, event spaces and retail space, with a tenant roster that includes start-ups, global tech companies, internationally recognized research institutions, capital providers and non-profit organizations.
About the role
The Technical Support Specialist will bring exceptional customer service and technical skills to the Innovation Hubs team and be responsible for day-to-day delivery of technical support and services for the MaRS Centre, MaRS Waterfront, and related tenant spaces. The position requires an eagerness to learn and embrace ever-changing technologies and stay current with leading edge technological developments.
- Provide ongoing support for the enterprise networks at the MaRS Centre and MaRS Waterfront properties
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot the systems providing wired and wireless LAN and WAN connectivity to ensure maximum reliability, including outside of business hours as needed
- Communicate with stakeholders on the MaRS Innovation Hubs team, in other business units, and from tenant organizations as required
- Support and ongoing monitoring of IT/AV support requests within all MaRS Innovation Hubs locations
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment as required
- Assist with the planning and execution of IT/AV projects, including hardware refreshes and new integrations
- Utilize and manage existing software tools to support digital signage, videoconferencing, and room scheduling
- Continually work toward updating and improving technical skills by staying informed of industry trends, tools and innovations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in IT Systems Administration, Network Administration, or equivalent practical experience
- Enterprise network certifications such as Network+, CCNA, or JNCIA, an asset
- Practical experience working in the enterprise IT industry
- Working knowledge of enterprise IT systems, equipment, and delivery methodology, this should include network equipment, enterprise servers, etc.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including switching, routing, firewalls, and wifi
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Apple, and Linux environments and systems as well as Apple and Android tablets and smartphones.
- Familiarity with virtual collaboration & broadcast systems (Zoom, Teams, Meet, etc.)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point & Keynote.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Salary Range: $60,900 – $80,000, up to 10% discretionary incentive, benefits and paid time-off.
Applications will close at 5pm EDT on March 31, 2023.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.