E-xact Transactions Canada Ltd
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Vancouver, Canada, Scottsdale, Arizona, or Remote
Exact Payments is a leading provider of high-performance payment services to bank partners, software platforms, and omnichannel merchants. Exact delivers a highly scaled payments platform integrated with leading processors in the US and Canada.
Founded in 1999, Exact is a proven player in the eCommerce payments market with deep expertise in building and supporting payment platforms for large banks, ISVs, and its own direct client portfolio. Our cloud-based technology is fully redundant and offers comprehensive integration options including Rest APIs, PCI-compliant hosted payment pages, and virtual terminal interfaces. The technology stack is built for scale delivering the highest level of performance and reliability at transaction volumes exceeding one billion annually.
Exact is a private equity-backed company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Vancouver, British Columbia.
We are recruiting a Technical Support Specialist to join our Product Support team. Reporting to our Vice President, Product Support, this person will be responsible for developing expert-level technical knowledge of our payment solutions and engaging with clients and partners on technical challenges, issue resolution, and best practices throughout the lifecycle from implementation through ongoing production support.
This position will be located in our Vancouver, British Columbia office.
Reporting to our Vice President, Product Support, this person will be responsible for identifying and responding to potential issues across this next-generation payment platform. This Support role will require researching issues reported both by our customers, and the other members of our support, development, and operations teams. You will leverage Prometheus, Loki, Cloudwatch, and Grafana to build a suite of alerts, log queries, and data visualizations which will be used to rapidly identify processing or integration issues and advise clients on resolution strategies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Completing ongoing technical product training in order to develop expert technical knowledge of our payments solutions and underlying technologies
- Fielding customer support inquiries via multiple channels including phone, email, chat, and scheduled client meetings
- Understand customers’ technical issues or product questions
- Collaborate with customers and internal teams to ensure a complete understanding of an issue
- Research, diagnose, and troubleshoot product issues
- Escalate unresolved cases to the appropriate internal teams and drive rapid and complete resolution
- Collaborating with customers and internal teams, including our Development team, to ensure a complete understanding of an issue
- Taking ownership of issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, and troubleshooting product issues
- Escalating unresolved cases to the appropriate internal teams (e.g. Development) and driving rapid and complete resolution
- Monitoring software deployments
- Developing trusted relationships with technical counterparts at key customers
- 3+ years of experience in technical or customer support roles for a technology company, SaaS software, Payments, or eCommerce experience is highly desirable.
- Product support focused:
- Prior experience supporting payment processing systems and/or eCommerce technologies is desirable
- Excellent problem-solving, and communication skills are a requirement
- Experience using a helpdesk or CRM (Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience and working knowledge of Splunk, Kibana, Loki, or similar
- Familiarity with Jira or a similar issue/project tracking software
- Works well in a collaborative environment and loves learning from a group of highly technical peers
- Exhibits a technical, logical thought process plus a strong commitment to learning and growing in the Financial Technologies (Fintech) field
- Interested in growing and moving within a company always looking for people to take on the next challenge
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant field preferred
What We Offer
We are a team of passionate professionals working together to ‘BUILD GREAT PRODUCT’. We value diversity, creativity, innovation, collaboration, integrity, and respect and are looking for people who share these same values to join our growing team. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Medical: Comprehensive health plan through United Healthcare (US) covering both the employee and family.
- Dental: PPO dental plan through Delta Dental (US) a leading carrier with national coverage.
- Vision: Vision plan through VSP covering annual eye exams as well as reimbursement for glasses and contact lenses.
- Life Insurance/AD&D: Company-paid Life Insurance as well as AD&D with coverage for 1x annual salary.
- Short-term & Long-term Disability: Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Medical & Dependent Care FSAs: Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses.
- Paid Time Off: In addition to federal holidays, we offer up to 15 days of paid time off per calendar year.
- 401K (US) & RSSP (Canada) with Company Match: save for retirement with pre-tax contributions to a 401k plan or Retirement Savings Plan including company match.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.