IMC Business Architecture Inc.
IMC has been working with companies in North America and the UK since its founding in 2004. IMC’s main focus is website development, including eCommerce, to some of Canada’s biggest companies.
IMC approaches solutions from the human side of the equation, not the software side. We focus on the user’s and client’s needs so that the software and processes we build support them. To accomplish this, we apply principles from human psychology, anthropology and culture to drive the solution. By taking this approach, IMC has been able to build and implement systems and processes that our clients’ staff actually like to use, which makes them more efficient and effective.
About the Position
IMC is looking for an energetic, talented and resourceful candidate to fill the role of Technical Lead.
Our customers depend on us to think smart and act quickly. We pride ourselves on our expertise in architecture and excellence in written code. We are a deadline driven organization and are looking for a team player who is willing to go the extra mile for our great customers – just like we do!
As a Technical Lead your responsibilities will involve directly assisting our development teams in Toronto and abroad. In addition to programming, this will include making sure we have the right strategy in place and developers are on track. There is also an element of project scoping with account directors/project managers. As a lead, you will draw from your experience as you lead the team in rolling out solutions involving existing and new technologies.
IMC is a Microsoft Gold Partner. Our solutions primarily revolve around Node.js, Vue.js and Azure (PaaS, Serverless, Media Services). We believe in using the right tool for the job and as such, encourage exploration and growth.
- Partner with project managers and business analysts on the planning, scoping and estimation of requirements
- Drive the delivery of features needed to achieve objectives
- Inspire, motivate, mentor and support your team
- Organize the team and its work for successful and optimal delivery
- Address impediments or blockers escalated by the team
- Ensure code meets requirements and quality standards
- Ensure an adherence to processes, best practices and technology strategies
- Document technical solutions, designs and processes
- Influence the outcomes of technical solutions and designs
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Facilitate code deployments to customer systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience with a track record of delivering mid to large size systems
- 2+ years of experience leading teams, ideally in web or application development
- Knowledge of database concepts, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience working with Agile teams and practices
- Experience managing and prioritizing effectively
- Experience with cloud-based systems – Microsoft Azure
- Experience developing multi-tenant (one code, many customers) solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Remote or offshore team management experience
- Knowledge of virtualization tools (Docker preferred)
- Experience with Unit testing
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Digital Asset Management, Multi-Media Systems
- Basic Portuguese
Compensation will be based on the skill level of the applicant. Qualified applicants should email their resumes in PDF format only. Only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please note this is a full time, remote position. We will not respond to any applications from freelancers, recruiters, offshore companies or anyone who is not legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $110,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Software development: 5 years (required)
- Leadership: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.