Sustainability Portfolio Program Administrator
Calgary, AB /
Academic – MacPhail School School of Energy /
AUPE Temporary Salary
Apply for this job
The MacPhail School of Energy is the only energy school in Canada, and we are charting a new course with a focus on sustainable energy sources and practices. MacPhail School of Energy provides hands-on, industry-guided training in labs that mimic job site environments, giving students the skills needed to find a rewarding career in the energy sector.
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
The MacPhail School of Energy is committed to helping our current and future students throughout their learning journey. The department is frequently the first point of contact for prospective students and continues to play an important role in the lives of students throughout their time at SAIT. MacPhail School of Energy is made up of several teams actively engaged with learners and faculty including recruitment, admissions, contact center, records and scheduling.
Reporting to the Academic Chair of Sustainability, you are a key member of the school’s administrative team. You are responsible for providing administrative support in a multifaceted, high paced environment.
***This is a 6-month full time salaried role
- Meet with students and potential students
- Student meeting scheduling
- Student management – prepare forms
- Monitor and review student intake reports
- Identify students at risk with Academic Chair and Instructors
- Obtain approval for student record changes
- Monitor student admissions
- Review student intake report for registration purposes
- Create student files by exception
- Liaise with Academic Chairs
- Administrate apprenticeships, including: Liaise with Apprenticeship and Industry Training as needed, ensure timely submission of apprentice marks and special reports & monitor for any discrepancies
- Prepare semester block reports (Instructor Schedule, Student Schedule, Class Lists)
- Provide Class lists for student CLASSLIST
- Assist with program success initiative involving industry, instructors and students.
- Develop and maintain program/course tracking sheet
- General Assistance, as required
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment required.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma, with a preference given to candidates with additional courses in Administration, Business, or Marketing.
- 4 years related experience in an office environment
- Intermediate computer skills in using Banner (electronic information management database) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take meeting minutes or notes
- Knowledge of general office equipment and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Possess superior interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Job classification: Administrative Assistant I
Salary range: $44,852.08 – $55,272.05
Hours Per Week: 40
Number of positions: 1
Posting closing date: March 28, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
Personal information that you provide is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP Act) section 33(c) and will be used for the purposes of managing the application, selection and interview process. Should you require further information about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator at [email protected]
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.