Survey Field Assistant Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Survey Field Assistant in our company, Callon Dietz. This vacancy is based in Carleton Place ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Survey Field Assistant Job
Company: Callon Dietz
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Carleton Place ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-27
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Survey Field Assistant Job Detail
Are you looking to join a growing, dynamic team of individuals and an organization that is a leader in the Ontario Survey industry?
Callon Dietz is actively searching for a Survey Field Assistant to join our team in Carleton Place, ON which is located in the Ottawa Valley,
Why Callon Dietz?
Not only will you have a great place to work and continued opportunity for growth, you will have access to the latest technology advancements in the field and the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects. You will join a team that is a leader in the surveying industry with COR and ISO 9001 safety certifications.
Our team knows how to work hard, and we value work-life balance. As a member of the Callon Dietz team you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation, including generous food and travel per diems for use at your discretion
- Employer paid comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Flexible work hours
- RRSP with employer matched contributions
- Travel opportunities
- Safety wear allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Student debt repayment
- Training and development
- Educational assistance
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Working together with the Survey Party Chief in the field
- Travelling regularly across Carleton Place and Ontario
- Reading and interpreting survey site plans and maps
- Working with Robotic Total Stations, GNSS survey instruments, digital levels, and 3D laser scanners
- Assisting in the preparation of field notes and sketches
- Providing technical support for internal and external clients
- Coordinating with and providing support to our drafting/mapping division
- Maintaining field equipment and vehicles
- Completing field data downloads and uploads
- Performing all duties in compliance with the OHSA and Callon Dietz’s Health and Safety and Quality Control programs
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a mechanical aptitude and is comfortable learning how to use new equipment
- Is highly proficient in the Microsoft Suite of programs
- Is a strong communicator who can embrace our high productivity work environment by positively contributing to the team effort
- Understands the importance of our high degree of quality and compliance to health and safety standards
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Is eager to travel as a part of their day-to-day routine
- Completion of post-secondary education in Geomatics, Engineering Technology, or a related discipline is preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with Robotic Total Stations, GNSS survey equipment, laser scanners, and digital levels is considered an asset
Callon Dietz Inc. is a progressive land surveying and subsurface utility engineering firm offering surveying, mapping and land information services to customers located throughout Ontario. Founded in 1967, we have over 50 years of industry experience and are widely recognized as one of the top five surveying firms in the province. Today, we have four offices across Ontario located in London, North Bay, Oshawa, and Carleton Place.
Callon Dietz is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.