Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to empower British Columbians to move forward.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a precondition of new employment. A successful candidate offered employment at BCAA will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment. Exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2022!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC’s Top Employers 2022, 2021, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office will have access to our cafeteria onsite, we also have a number of coffee stations throughout the building stocked with complimentary tea & coffee options.
BCAA’s Workplace Technology team is looking for a Regular Full-Time Support Specialist I Service Desk. This is a permanent work from home opportunity.
The Support Specialist I provides first level support for all computer related issues for internal business partners/end users requesting assistance with technology issues and problems. In addition, the Specialist provides first level end-user support in-house and works on assignments that are not complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems.
- Provides friendly, courteous, technical support for all business users, providing phone and email based support based on defined procedures.
- Takes all calls, conducts triage, and acts on calls according to escalation procedures.
- Logs all calls and updates entries when actions are taken.
- Contacts users to follow-up on services, solutions or products to ensure their needs have been met.
- Provides, creates and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Keeps users up-to-date with relevant information and decisions.
- Monitors services provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Processes Staff changes and administers NEAT users.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma
- Experience: 1 to 2 years providing first level customer support for technical issues related to IT.
- Technical: Experience with Networks, Operating Systems, Applications such as MS Office, Email, Web, and Windows
- Excellent listening skills
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Customer focus
- Support methodologies such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM)
- Customer Service processes and impacts, Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements
- Familiarity with Project Management methodology (PMP)
- Business knowledge on related systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.