Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities, and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland, and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery, and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world. Sudbury is also home to several administrative sites serving both the Ontario Operations as well as all our North Atlantic Operations.
We are currently seeking Supervisor, Production to join our Copper Cliff Nickel Refinery team in Sudbury . This is a permanent position.
As a Supervisor, Production you will be accountable for managing the social, commercial, and technical processes of a front-line team within established limits, to meet the maintenance and/or production goals and objectives of the work area in safety, reliability, efficiency, and quality. You will be accountable to get a process under control and maintain the process within established limits. Also, identify special cause variances and take action to address issues or take advantage of opportunities as they arise. Ensuring that direct reports and areas of accountability meet all requirements with regard to legislated regulations, company policies and practices, and collective agreements. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Work from Monday-Friday with the possibility of overtime on weekends or evenings.
- Ensure that all team members reporting to him/her in the workplace take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health and Safety over which they have control including adherence to all Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of the Occupational Health and Safety Performance.
- Hold crew accountable for area safety behavior, housekeeping, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Ensure all works are in compliance with stated procedures.
- Supervise the production work components of the FLP&S (Front Line Planning & Scheduling) business process.
- Carryout tasks as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designate to achieve the desired results within an agreed-upon timeline and end state.
- Work within budget, guidelines, and standards to execute Safety and Production Plans as established by the Superintendent or his/her designate.
- Foster a climate of safety, mutual trust, and respect among all members of his/her team and promote pride in work by looking after the workplace and equipment.
- Work collectively with peers and cross-functionally with colleagues in engineering, maintenance, and services to achieve the objectives of the plant.
- Health Safety and Environment: candidate must be able to recognize, prioritize, and understand the controls required to mitigate risks in the workplace.
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs, and Legislative Standards.
- College Diploma or a minimum grade of 12 is required.
- 3-5 years of related experience is required.
- Mineral processing environments experience, including some time leading a crew is preferred.
- Computer training including SAP, Excel, and Word is preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well with others in a team environment.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk.
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work.
How can Vale grow your career?
The Supervisor, Production is a management position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations as well as a team of direct reports. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company-paid core coverage, flex health, and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurance)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top-up for maternity/parental)
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal-opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: December 2 nd , 2022
Pay Grade: 17V
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.