University of Victoria
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria’s largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
These are part-time casual positions with a maximum of 15 hours/week. Hourly rate is $22.72/hour. Work is scheduled on an as-needed basis. Minimum shift length for current UVic students is 2 hours. Shifts will be offered that include evenings and weekends. Please provide schedule of availability. Training will be provided.
This is a casual on-call position in CUPE 951. Varied hours, varied days.
One of six units with the Division of Student Affairs, Vikes Athletics and Recreation (ATRS) offers eight high performance varsity sport programs (soccer, rugby, basketball, and field-hockey, cross country/track, rowing, swimming and golf), competitive intramural and sport clubs, and a broad array of health and wellness programs to the university and broader community. As a sub-brand of the University, the Vikes programs have a high profile in the greater Victoria community, through partnerships, community programming, alumni outreach and events. Athletics and Recreation’s commitment to excellence in sport, health and wellness, and customer service make it a key contributor to student success on campus, and the department plays a critical role in student recruitment and retention.
CARSA Membership Services provides access to Vikes Athletics and Recreation facilities, events and services, operating as a hub for all department activities and a first point of contact for the campus and broader community. Through Membership Services the Vikes offer event ticketing, fitness memberships, registered activities, intramurals, summer camps, birthday parties, student clubs, varsity programs, host a myriad of high profile community events, and manage facility-related programs such as squash court bookings, facility tours, equipment sales and rentals, and locker rentals.
This CARSA Front Desk Clerk will be responsible for providing exceptional courtesy, operational efficiency, safe work practices, support at events, and audience and client services. They will meet the highest standards of professionalism and appearance, with attention to decorum, etiquette and personal presentation. The Membership Services Staff are responsible for the member/patron experience at CARSA and the positive reflection of the University to the community at large.
The Membership Services desk is staffed seven days a week, from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, requiring this position to have flexibility to work evenings and weekends according to operational requirements.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees and general public with positivity, responsiveness and respect.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast paced environment on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to attentively listen, be assertive and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Must be able to handle cash accurately, make change, keep record of receipt; previous cash handling experience.
- Excellent data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy and proven ability to pay attention to detail will completing tasks.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability with computers.
- A wide range of knowledge of the university’s campus, facilities and operations.
- Ability to follow direction and comply with policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, fluctuating tasks and pace in response to operational needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively or in team environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service approach.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Equity and Diversity Statement
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
If you anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process contact: [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.