Ya YA Foods Corp
About Ya YA Foods:
Ya YA Foods is a dynamic and high-growth manufacturer of liquid food and unique beverages. With over 30 years’ experience, we have evolved into a versatile manufacturer and co-packer of a variety of low acid and high acid beverage and liquid food items. We are a family-owned Canadian business who prides itself in its proven track record of satisfying the needs of global multi-national customers. We are a solution provider for our customers, always striving to exceed expectations on innovation, quality, service, and speed to market. For further information about us, please check our website at yayafoods.com
A career at Ya YA FOODS will offer you the opportunity to…
- Build a career, not just have a job
- Work in a dynamic and high-growth company with very skilled professionals
- Become part of a teamwork focused culture
- Be a part of an organization that supports your future growth path
Reports to: Chief Stationary Engineer
- Operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain boilers, air compressors, chillers, water towers, water softeners, air dryers, pumps, and fans.
- Record specific data (temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, water levels, etc.).
- Manually operate/adjust control systems to start or shut down equipment safely.
- Conduct safety tests, periodical inspections, repairs, adjustments, and lubrication of equipment.
- Record and report actions taken, technical interventions when investigating and troubleshooting existing systems.
- Monitor and feed chemicals into systems and devices.
- Perform and record routine inspections and water testing.
- Evaluate situations, analyze problems, and recommend solutions for both emergency and permanent fixes.
- Provide recommendations & inputs for improvement of operational efficiency.
- Provide relief coverage for shift engineers as required.
- Identify when external maintenance intervention is needed.
- Guide service contractors by preparing scope of work and monitoring to ensure maintenance work is completed.
- Compliance with all rules & policies regarding health safety, occupational safety, environmental safety, food safety, legal regulations, company requirements, etc.
- Compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems which includes, but is not limited to Production, Quality, Food Safety & GMP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum certification for 3rd class maintenance engineer is required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in steam plant is required
- Experience working with industrial boilers, compressors, and chillers in a manufacturing environment is required, with electrical skills is an asset
- Experience working with steam fitting, air compressors, pumps, dryers, and/or blowers is an asset
- Operational field experience is required for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and correcting malfunctioning of various types of equipment and controls encountered in the unit
- Possess a broad-based knowledge of mechanical and plumbing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of TSSA, environmental, and health and safety regulations
- Ability to respond quickly
- Attention to details
- Comfortable with using computers, and proficiency with MS office tools, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work with hand tools, power tools, and climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to frequently work alone or with people at elevated heights and with noise
- Capable of working in dry and humid conditions
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- NB: Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, a valid SIN number, and (if applicable) a valid work permit.
Why Join Us
We believe that the key to creating and growing a successful business is by investing in our people—some of whom have been a part of our team for over 30 years. This is at the core of who we are, what we do, and how we grow our business—as a versatile, automated manufacturer and co-packer of a wide-variety of beverages and liquid food items. In our view, a happy team means a better workforce, a better product, and more satisfied customers.
Furthermore, we encourage different perspectives and celebrate diversity in our workforce—where every employee has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential in a working environment that is supportive of everyone. Upon request, we will gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- steam plant: 2 years (required)
- 3rd Class Stationary Engineer certification (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Day Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.