Hi, we’re Fever
We’re excited you are checking out this job offer.
We are the leading global live-entertainment discovery tech platform with a clear mission: to democratize access to culture and entertainment.
How do we achieve our mission? Fever has developed a proprietary technology that inspires a global community of over 125M people through personalized and curated experiences in their local city whilst empowering entertainment and event creators to reach new audiences and enhance their experience.
Sounds amazing, right?
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Atlanta, Secret Miami, Secret Toronto, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta and more! Through our media outlets we inspire over 60 million people every week to discover the best experiences in their cities
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding brilliant stories and generating lots of content ideas (not just articles!) for the Toronto Market
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles, at pace, about those topics
- Researching and becoming an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories and happenings in your city
- Monitor all site content, including daily news, features, and local reporting
- Have a grasp of the city culture and things to do in Toronto
- Manage an editorial calendar with colleagues that incorporates news, reviews, and local city content including planning for longer lead functions, trending stories, and campaigns.
- Occasional appearances across Reels, TikTok, consumer-facing videos and other brand mediums.
- Oversee the creation and strategy of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and SMN Toronto newsletters, keeping in line with SMN standards.
- Make sure all site copy and headlines are proofread, meeting our editorial standards and style guide.
- Make sure all posts are SEO friendly
- Track openings and develop sources including PR reps, restaurateurs, local venues and event spaces, and alternate sources for coverage as needed
- Assist in promotional efforts and collaborations across SMN when necessary (communicated by your manager)
We’re looking for someone who has
- Perfect, native-level written English.
- Demonstrable previous digital writing experience
- Very sharp sense of what makes a story shareable on social
- Strong familiarity with social and digital publishing tools
- An organized approach to managing their beat
- An expert on all things Toronto. Having a finger on the pulse of the city lifestyle, culture, food and entertainment.
Benefits & Perks
- Home office friendly!
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader, and help shape the media landscape!
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people
- Health Insurance
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences!
Thank you for considering joining Fever. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: Fever’s Blog jobsincanada.one Bloomberg jobsincanada.one TechCrunch
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone’s background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!
If you require any kind of accommodation during the selection process please contact our Talent team so we can help you by providing a welcoming and seamless journey.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.