We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
In our cars, you’re free to be yourself. It’s the same here at Cruise. We’re creating a culture that values the experiences and contributions of all of the unique individuals who collectively make up Cruise, so that every employee can do their best work.
Cruise is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, both in our workplace and in our products. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, come join us. Even if you might not meet every requirement, we strongly encourage you to apply. You might just be the right candidate for us.
This team is responsible for the Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineering and acts as a technical liaison between Product, Program, Legal, Engineering, and Test. This group includes Systems Engineers that work across Cruise on end-to-end system design. They provide the specific analysis, tools, and translation of requirements into a form that is easily consumed by the engineers who design and build these systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define a verification plan and test methods for a function or behavior of the AV software or ML stack using simulation testing for complex integrated systems.
- Develop and lead metrics definition to quantify safety and enterprise risk associated with on road AV behavior as well as new feature development.
- Communicate verification plans, safety analysis and lead trade off decisions for launch of features with leadership and stakeholders like software engineering, legal, product and other stakeholders.
- Perform analysis of Autonomous Vehicle data to characterize vehicle systems performance, validate systems engineering requirements, and influence development of systems engineering requirements
- Find opportunities to develop scalable methodologies, tools and solutions across multiple platforms and operational domains for validation techniques and metrics.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace, Physics or similar field
- 10+ Years of experience leading and launching complex hardware/software project involving communicating data analysis, safety analysis and validation acceptance criteria
- Experience with driving simulation based verification and validation plans for SW systems, AI/ML systems with a follow up risk assessment on the acceptance criteria and performance
- Ability to develop metrics for safety analysis and verification of ML based software systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills from presentations to senior leadership to make launch decisions
- Experience writing SQL and Python code to analyze large data sets
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills: you can interpret what the data is telling us, and which analyses will reveal impactful conclusions
- Fluent in data-based and analytical engineering problem solving practices, including using paretos, root cause analysis, and more.
The salary range for this position is $161,500 – $237,500. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks available for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex, a working policy for US-Based Cruisers, lets you and your manager find the working style that’s best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home, or a combination of home and in-office time. – learn more about CruiseFlex here
Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, and Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow. We offer a new kind of equity program called Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO), which combines IPO-like liquidity with the stability of remaining private – learn more about RLO here
We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected].
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Candidates applying for roles that operate and remotely operate the AV: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application, currently holding an active in-state regular driver’s license or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record. A successful completion of a background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check is also required.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.