Sr. Manager Tax Technology And Automation Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Sr. Manager Tax Technology And Automation in our company, Achievers. This vacancy is based in Toronto ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Sr. Manager Tax Technology And Automation Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto ON
URL Expiry: 2023-01-20
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Sr. Manager Tax Technology And Automation Job Detail
Our Indirect Tax team is growing and we are seeking an experienced indirect tax professional to join our team.
Senior Manager, Tax Technology and Automation, you will be responsible for the successful implementation and roll out of our tax technology globally, reporting to the Senior Director, Global Tax & Treasury.
This position will be base out of our head office in Toronto, Canada and hybrid 2 days a week preferred.
- Lead Avalara (sales tax engine) implementation globally, including but not limited to US, Canada, UK, Singapore, Australia and more.
- Work with cross functional departments to assess business requirements and corresponding tax implications associated with Achievers SaaS platform and Marketplace catalogues.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager, Indirect Tax to understand and develop tax logic around Achievers’ service / product offerings globally and utilize tax technology to provide efficient and accurate tax solutions for the organization.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and manage the delivery of any tax technology including design, development, testing and deployment.
- Assess tax implications on new rewards offerings and ensure seamless integration with Achievers’ sales tax engine.
- Manage the design, execution, and maintenance of global indirect tax policies, processes, and internal tax controls documentation pertaining to Tax Technology/ Tax Automation.
- Identify and implement changes to improve accuracy and efficiency, including system integration and automation for all Tax projects and initiatives.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with other departments, business units and external advisors and auditors.
- Support Indirect Tax and Income Tax function with ad hoc projects and audits.
- Gather and document functional requirements for enhancements to existing tools/processor implementation of new tools / processes.
- Develop and maintain end-user documentation including user guides, knowledge documents, and training materials.
- Lead tax system integration in M&A deals.
- Recognized as a strong communicator who conveys, both orally and in writing, insights, concepts, and ideas in a clear, simple, and concise manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax and/or Finance or Technology
- Professional Accounting Designation, CMI Sales Tax Designation, and/or Masters of Tax preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Tax/Tax Technology.
- Ability to manage and coach a small team.
- Tax technology expert, including hands-on implementation and integration experience
- Strong understanding of global and domestic indirect taxes.
- Experience with and ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly proficient with Excel.
- Programing /coding experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, peers, external auditors, and consultants.
- In-depth working knowledge with sales tax engine software, such as Avalara, Vertex, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.