49103 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Provide subject matter expertise and in-depth data analysis of business functions for Supply Chain including providing trending analysis and the creation of statistical information used for transmission, distribution business and Supply Chain decision making. Provide analysis, reports, expertise, and recommendations to optimize the system-wide use of data to facilitate the effective asset utilization and customer service decisions. Conduct economic, business and regulatory impact assessments and other business studies to address transmission/ distribution customer needs; analyze problems, develop alternatives and preferred solutions; and recommend delivery of solutions through other business units, suppliers and service providers. Coordinate activities with Service Providers.
- Develop, design and produce reports and extracts based on data analytics to assist in transmission, distribution and Supply Chain business decisions. Provide analysis, reports, expertise, and recommendations to optimize the system wide use of data to facilitate the effective asset utilization decisions.
- Supervise and conduct required due diligence on quality and results delivered related to the business functions by various teams. Monitor and analyze transmission, distribution, customer and socio economic data on a regular basis to uncover deficiencies arising from technical and/or process gaps.
- Provide guidance, direction and support for the development, deployment, implementation, operation and continuous improvement of business processes across the Company. Assess data requirements through consultation with staff at all levels from across the Company. Work with business to analyze and assess the business solutions and structures needed to realize these opportunities recommend improvements that will enhance the overall utilization of the SAP/CIS assets and transform the use of internal and external data as an asset within the company.
- Work collaboratively with the business and other Enablement staff to analyze the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and/or business opportunities. Working with the various lines of business, conduct interviews, gather data and conduct analysis to compile into technical or process improvement opportunities. Assist in the development of information system and process controls required to properly manage the transmission, distribution business and supply chain operation functions.
- Work with management and staff at various levels within the business unit, the company, and externally with the service provider to facilitate the resolution of issues related to transmission, distribution and Supply Chain.
- Maintain an awareness of advances in “best practices” as they relate to managing customer relations in the Transmission/Distribution and Supply Chain business. Maintain an awareness of developments and changes with respect to electricity industry structure and market rule and code changes as they relate to managing supplier relations in the Transmission and Distribution business.
- Provide expert knowledge in data and business process areas. Analyze industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the business services and processes. Provide “customer” guidance to others as required, assist in resolution of work problems.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of computer technology, data analytics, data networks and extraction associated with the processes of customer information management systems to analyze data architecture and incorporating industry and market trends.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to prepare reports and communicate effectively with stakeholders. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (GradeXII plus 5 years).
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with tools used for reporting and analytics including Microsoft Office, SAP, Oracle Databases, SQL, Sybase IQ, BI/BW and other related computer systems.
- Requires experience in the transmission and distribution business to understand the business objectives, the current IT systems/interfaces used, and the approach to customer service in supporting and improving quality of service and customer relations.
- Requires experience in a quality assurance role using data analytics to uncover technical system or process deficiencies.
- Requires experience with the organization structure, contacts, applicable policies, procedures and practices.
- Requires experience with the electricity industry structure and market rule and code changes as they relate to managing customer relations in the transmission and distribution business. A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2024.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 26, 2024
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.