TARO PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
Opportunities for career growth and development
A competitive wage/salary
Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for S*pecialist, Purified Water & Tank Farm*.
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure continuous operation and maintenance the Purified Water systems and Tank Farm system in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The Purified Water Systems are critical to all production and manufacturing activities at the Taro site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accountable for all aspects of Taro’s Purified Water systems including operation, maintenance, calibrations and monitoring.
· Responsible for system calibration of the current / main Purified Water system for manufacturing which has 59 instruments requiring calibrations at frequencies ranging from monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. A smaller water system for the laboratories falls under the same calibration schedule.
· Responsible for cleaning and sanitization of the Purified Water system in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
· Manage all aspects of Taro’s Bulk Ingredient Tank Farm operation, maintenance, calibration and monitoring.
· Continuous oversight, monitoring and inspection of the Tank Farm system which is a complex automated system with mechanical valves, pumps and motors. The automated controls manage the raw material temperature, circulation and dispensing to the compounding rooms.
· Provide maximum efficiency and uptime on the Purified Water and Tank Farm systems.
· Oversee the optimal use of the systems and strive for improvements.
· Work with Quality, Engineering to resolve Purified Water and Tank Farm deficiencies and assure system compliance for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
· Coordinate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation repairs as required.
· Provide support to manufacturing for Purified Water and Tank Farm raw materials delivery.
· Provide other technical support to engineering and production as required.
· Assist with validation activities as it relates to changes and upgrades to the Purified Water Systems.
· Assist with and provide expertise during expansion and improvement activities as it relates to the Purified Water Systems.
· Liaise with vendors, suppliers and expedite issues when necessary.
· Present the systems to Auditors in Regulatory, Customer, and Internal Audits.
· Provide oral and written responses to questions in Regulatory, Customer, and Internal Audits.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage expectations of affected areas.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking and detail oriented skills.
· Excellent problem solving, root cause identification and troubleshooting ability.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of water purification microbiology.
· Strong knowledge of electrical controls systems.
· Proficiency with relevant computer operations and software. Good working knowledge and experience with current computer systems.
· Strong decision making ability with focus on continuous system operations and expected down/up time of the equipment for production purposes.
· High degree of knowledge and experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting purified water systems within a GMP manufacturing environment.
· Process improvement mindset with ability to provide recommendations to optimize system efficiency and continuous operations to meet production requirements.
· Able to communicate with suppliers of equipment, software, and hardware by using the appropriate terminology as it relates to the Purified Water System.
Background and Experience:
· Ticketed Tradesperson or Bachelor’s of Science Degree combined with high level of experience in operating and maintaining Purified Water systems. Considered as a Subject Matter Expert on all activities relevant with the Purified Water Systems.
· Five (5) years of experience with Pharmaceutical USP Purified Water system maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration of process measurement instruments.
· Knowledge of PLC’s and Allan Bradley systems.
· Instrumentation and Control Technician certification along with other Trade certifications (Electrical, Millwright) are considered strong assets.
· The role requires flexibility regarding work hours (including off normal business hours) in the event of system breakdown. The Purified Water Systems are critical to business operations and any downtime in operations has direct impact on production activities.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.