Maple Leaf Foods
Maple Leaf Foods is on an exciting journey to be the most sustainable protein company on earth, recently transforming our corporate website and launching a modern internal communication platform. We amplify our external messaging through corporate social media and aim to expand our presence.
Maple Leaf Foods embraces candid, direct, transparent and engaging communication with our stakeholders. As part of our commitment, our company’s communication activity features dynamic content publishing and storytelling that effectively engages all of our key audiences.
We are looking for an exceptional individual, a candidate who can lift above the daily pressures to understand our audiences and who can manage content strategy while creating meaningful, relevant, and engaging content for an external and internal audience.
To be successful, the candidate will have the ability to balance thinking holistically about the needs of the business and our stakeholders with the ongoing demands of researching and managing new technical solutions to drive engagement of our corporate and internal websites.
The role works with both internal and external stakeholders to lead the exploration of existing technology capabilities and conduct analytics that delivers continuous improvement across our digital properties including both internal and external website.
This role reports to the Director, External & Digital Communications with a dotted line to the Director, Internal Communications.
This role collaborates closely with the Content Specialist, Digital and Social Media and is required to have a strong understanding of this role and will back up as required.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Develops analytics and reporting tools that support internal engagement strategies to effectively communicate vision, purpose and values to the whole company, while working with IS team on technical updates and issues management of the internal communication tools.
- Manages the ongoing rollout of a new internal communications tool throughout the MLF network. Develops analytics and KPIs that drive adoption and engagement rates.
- Manages the corporate website content and analytics (mapleleaffoods.com).
- Implements and manages best practices for the web leveraging SEO/SEM.
- Manages the Content Management System for the corporate website, including all updates and development of new pages for communication needs.
- Maintains, enhances and leverages existing company communication platforms and tools, plus pursue new innovative opportunities and oversees the project management and development of such tools.
- Oversees and supports AODA compliance.
- Conducts analytics and reporting to drive continuous improvement, best practices and engagement with our platforms and social media channels.
- Manages continuous improvements to the corporate website, internal communications tool and corporate social media strategy and platforms.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Content Specialist – Digital and Social Media
- Supports Communications Team in project management, development of execution of communication strategies that effectively announce Maple Leaf Foods initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, public relations or journalism
- Three to five years of specialized communication experience in content creation and corporate communications for the web and social channels
- Excellent writing, editing and content production skills for the web and social media
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practices and associated tools, such as SiteImprove, Moz or Ahrefs
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Working knowledge of Google suite of tools, such as Google Analytics 4
- Excellent knowledge of photo editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of video editing software, such as Adobe Premier or equivalent
- Working knowledge of QA best practices
- Working knowledge of Accessibility/AODA best practices for online publishing
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels for corporate communication needs
- Proven ability to create wireframes, writing business specifications for development of new technical tools and project managing development
- Proven ability to create digital corporate content, including video, graphics, for a wide-range of audiences
- Creative writing and production experience across a wide variety of formats and channels including intranets, corporate websites, videos, microsites, blogs, social media, etc.
- Ability to navigate communication platform tools including basic design / publishing platforms, social media listening tools, photography and film editing software
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to understand complex business information and simplify into engaging, meaningful and relevant content
- Demonstrated record of excellence in collaborating with others and proven ability to interact effectively with senior leaders
- Highly creative with a passion for continuous learning
- Experience in both corporate and agency settings
- Experience in using traditional and new, innovative communication tools to effectively deliver engaging content, stories and messages
- Superior project management skills and ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities
- Self-confidence to work independently, with self-awareness to seek coaching, support and advice
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.