Seven Hills Foundation
Seven Hills Foundation is a large non-profit operating several primary & secondary schools & education programs around New England. We are inclusive, rewarding and collaborative.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Wellness programs
- An International workforce
- On-the-job training
- Company perks
Are you in search of a job that will allow you to make a difference in the lives of kids who need it the most?
Are you looking for an environment where holistic care is a priority & collaboration among everyone working with a student is the norm?
Are you looking for somewhere you can have a fresh start while watching your career grow & blossom?
If you said yes to any of this, then look no further because we’ve got a place for you on our team!
Our residential schools provide the best K-12 education possible to young people with challenges beyond their control & you can be a part of their educational journey, today!
Special Education Teacher teaches elementary, middle school and/or secondary school subjects in a special education environment and helps students learn subject matter and skills that contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible, and productive citizens. Develops Individual Education Programs and documents students’ progress. Aids students with behavioral, emotional and/or physical needs or disabilities.
Other duties include:
- Prepares and implements lesson plans to meet individual needs of students, considering state and agency requirements, and the physical, emotional and educational levels of student development. Lesson plans reflect the MA curriculum frameworks.
- Designs, modifies and/or selects instructional materials and strategies appropriate to individual student needs.
- Employs differentiated instruction using a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media and materials.
- Utilizes appropriate assessment techniques, instructional materials and strategies to implement instruction with a variety of learners.
- Designs, develops and implements Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
- Develops and attends Individual Service Plan (ISP) meetings for assigned students.
- Models and demonstrates caregiver qualities that treat all students and staff with dignity and respect, creating a warm, nurturing classroom environment for student learning.
- Manages student behaviors within their classroom to ensure a safe and secure learning environment for students.
- Works closely with ABC I in implementing individual behavior plans.
- Teaches socially acceptable behavior employing techniques such as behavior modifications and positive reinforcement.
- Student Supervision and Behavior Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field (psychology, human services), Masters preferred.
- Experience with age-range based upon teaching position needs.
- Required use of computer, e.g. Microsoft Word, use of Internet-based systems (IEP and lesson planning), Internet, and report writing.
- Teachers must possess or, in the alternative, must obtain licensure post-hire. Licensure determination rests with the MA Department of Education. Teachers must comply with the individual specific requirements as outlined by the MA Department of Education.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $57,226.00-$75,048.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able and willing to relocate to Massachusetts or New Hampshire with an employer sponsored relocation package?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.