Compugen is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.
If you are driven to make a difference, relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, we’d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
The Solution Specialist candidate will be dedicated to driving Hybrid IT- enterprise products (storage, server and networking products and Hybrid related Cloud services) with a secondary focus on Enterprise Network solutions. This role will have the required senior level presales experience and their primary focus will be on Presales activity.
- Ability to conduct professional formal presentations of solutions based on Data Centre & Cloud technology to customers and/or internal staff to showcase strategies, technology and solutions
- Be accountable pre-sales technical assistance and correct configuration on Data Centre & Cloud products, generating targeted customer solutions to the sales teams to meet customer needs. This includes assisting with RFP (Request for Proposals) responses
- Proactively promote Compugen’s full portfolio of products and services and drive Servers, Storage, Networking, Hybrid Cloud, Services, and Managed Services attach to all Compugen opportunities
- Have intimate knowledge of data centre hardware & software solutions and services, Converged Systems and sales plays including competitive offerings, strengths and weaknesses
- Share knowledge of the account(s) with the rest of the account team and contribute to the account planning process and opportunity review process
- Be responsible for knowledge transfer and act as an evangelist within the organization to sales and other technical resources (i.e. Executive Briefings)
- Be the technical lead, and identify roadblocks, market intelligence and competitive activity to achieve superior sales success
- Maintain a positive total customer experience (TCE) by managing new product technology introductions, escalating issues as appropriate and owning/managing issue resolution
- Execute on the combined Compugen strategies to enable the adoption of Data Centre & Cloud solutions
- Support the organization as a knowledgeable user and advocate of Compugen’s supported configuration and sales tools
- Be an advocate of Compugen’s capabilities and technology offerings
- Maintain a level of technical depth in Data Centre & Cloud product/solution areas as well as maintain and manage a competitive and appropriate level of professional competence
- Be competent in key technology partners:(e.g. VMware, CommVault, Veeam, Microsoft, Citrix, HPE, Netapp, Dell / EMC, Cisco, Aruba)
- Focus on customers and quality by achieving a trusted advisor status with selected customers based on an understanding of the industry and the customer’s unique technology and/or business strategy and drivers
- Build and develop relationships with key technical influencers, decision makers, and top executives
- Develop and maintain close co-operative contact with the partner pre-sales community ensuring timely information exchange and problem resolution
- Show quality initiative, be proactive & demonstrate accountability to Compugen’s opportunities
- Pursue certifications as required by their organization
- Act in a professional manner at all business-related meetings, presentations and events and be able to present with impact.
- 5-10 years of experience in Servers, Storage, Networking technology
- University degree or equivalent college diploma
- Very good writing skills (emails, statements of work, proposals, documentation)
- Good verbal communication skills (explanation of technology recommendations, informal knowledge transfer, occasional customer presentations/meetings)
- Strong presentation skills and board room presence with ability to present to various levels within an organization, ranging from IT manager to CIX levels.
- Responds to customer and Compugen internal requests with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Able to work independently and in project teams
- Willing to reach out to vendor partners to build solution configurations in areas of non-core technical strength
- Certifications from HPE, NetApp, VMware, CommVault, Microsoft, Dell / EMC, Cisco will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to read and understand a bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience selling Cloud solutions / Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with vendor configuration tools and sizing tools would be an asset.
- Bilingual French / English
What Compugen Offers You:
- Opportunity to make a difference in the constantly evolving world of Technology
- Ability to help our customers realize new possibilities
- Exciting, fast paced challenging work environment
- A culture where authenticity and diversity is valued
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Participation in WIT (Women In Technology) Network
- Opportunities to give back to our local communities
- Collaborative supportive team members
- Remote work/hybrid work options available
- Work/life flexibility
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.